1. lidiishere's rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

rather boring. but I'm willing to learn deeper about what it wants to conceal psychologically

2. camille's rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

3. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

4. Maudy Puteri Agusdina's rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

When everything is unexplained and ambiguous, Emily Browning's Lucy is so attractive and charming as a strange and cold young woman (who thinks) she's not scared of anything. How strange and mysterious she is, reminds me of Isabelle Huppert's Elle.

5. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

normally, I'd give it 3 but Lucy is pretty much the perfect woman and looked like one of those Renaissance paintings when nude (minus the fat)

6. Eliza Lupu's rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

"Match your lipstick to the color of your labia"

7. A47's rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

A deep character study routed in erotic fantasy. Fantastic photography and aesthetics all around. Fragments the story to build a mystery into the character. Do the things that happen in our sleep change us when we are awake? ...even when there's no penetration?

8. nessa's rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

9. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

Lucy (I): no plan, no target, passive, no desire, no emotion, stupid, a prostitute. Lucy (II): a student, intelligent, works hard, cares, beautiful woman with bright future. We've got two Lucys, who can't be more diverse. Mrs. Leigh keeps us in the dark; what's going on with Lucy (or Birdman)? This is not about sex (for sale or fantasy-desire) or feminism. It's just about a desperate girl who lost her way.

10. truffraud's rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

chilling. stays in your bones.

11. calamidades's rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

solo estética pero en lo demás nada

12. Lapalu's rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

13. María F. Guerrero's rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

This film looks as if a wanna be contemplative "artsy" filmmaker mind fucked Sofia Coppola and had an ugly baby.

14. maggoty's rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

this movie put me to sleep

15. Shoham L's rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

Disturbing, sensuous, incredibly thought-provoking. Leigh explores the detached and apathetic way that sex is viewed by dominant society and western culture, and the way that those sexualised react. Emily Browning's flawless portrayal of Lucy stunningly explores the concept of the "forbidden room" and Eve's temptation.

16. opandadodavid's rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

17. Guillermo Padilla's rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

Undervalued film. A film about the weight of the aesthetic stigma in society. The glut of wealth of a few, who seek form over substance at the end of his days.

18. Quesera,sera's rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

this made me focused on her skin and I don't know why

19. Atzin Ortiz González's rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

Hypnotic, cold, & unsettling, Sleeping Beauty sometimes steps in its ambitions & ambiguity. Still, Julia Leigh's debut is a bleak character study in detachment. Emily Browning is absolutely fantastic.

20. snowjade's rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

why is everyone so obsessed with this

21. Addy K.'s rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

I was reminded to watch this after reading Yasunari Kamabata's "House of the Sleeping Beauties" which is about an old man that visits a brothel to lie with prostitutes already asleep. While Kamabata explored the haunting loneliness of men bumbling through life as they (try to) make sense of pleasure, novelist/director Julia Leigh's worldview is more nihilistic. Her heroine Lucy merely uses and is happy to be used.

22. Hilde Johoneid's rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

23. Pymo's rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

Waking up with something changed.

24. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Sleeping Beauty

How interesting it was to see a girl's life scheduled into jobs, college, strange relationships and as an object of old men's perversity. An emotionless approach as if herself wasn't there anymore, she was just this tic tac device operating over time in pursuit for money. A storyline full of witty details and a beautiful good taste photography.