1. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Sleuth

Pure Pinter. Two characters engaged in a claustrophobic battle of wits, both quietly threatening; with the usual insinuations of loyalty, sexuality & class-prejudice ready to spill out, into violence. Branagh's direction is super obtrusive & suggests a lack of faith in the material, which is a hindrance, but doesn't quite sabotage the intensity of the adaptation, nor its extended commentary on the act of performance.

2. Gabriele Mariotti's rating of the film Sleuth

3. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Sleuth

There are 2 versions. This is the remake. What both versions have in common is the outstanding performance of Michael Caine (again, after 35 years). Contrary to common reviews this is the better one. Why? (1) Right from the beginning there is tension; not at all boring, at no time. (2) Jude Law is terrific (Lawrence Olivier is not). (3) This is a humiliation-duel; not a comedy. A verbal & visual "grand pas de deux".

4. sonitsch.'s rating of the film Sleuth

5. Antoine & Colette's rating of the film Sleuth

Oh no, I'm really disappointed

6. josé...'s rating of the film Sleuth

I really enjoyed watching the first part of the ‘game’, particularly because of Michael Cane’s acting. Sadly, the second part is too much of a plot stretch for me which taints the rest of the movie. I will have to watch the original.

7. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Sleuth

Alfie vs. Alfie. Who's the real joker? Only better thing than the original is Patrick Doyle's great tunes with piano and violin.

8. pluviosity's rating of the film Sleuth

one of the best remake ever, by the best actors.

9. rum&coke's rating of the film Sleuth

nice ironic dialogues, catchin' characters and storyline. like it a lot "Andrew Wyke: You know what God’s trouble is? Detective Inspector Black: What? Andrew Wyke: He has no father. He has no family roots. He’s rootless. Nowhere to hang his hat, poor bugger. I pity him."

10. Omar Fabricio's rating of the film Sleuth

Excelentemente actuada, un muy buen thriller

11. vordven's rating of the film Sleuth