1. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Sling Blade

I learned to read some. I read the Bible quite a bit. I can't understand all of it, but I reckon I understand a good deal of it. Them stories you and momma told me, they ain't in there. You ought not done that to your boy.

2. João R's rating of the film Sling Blade

The strong start promises a depth that it's never truly reached since the story starts to stabilize throughout - it's not fully a bad thing because, by becoming softer, the ending and the circle it represents have more impact. Yet I reckon this deserved another path.

3. xrystyna's rating of the film Sling Blade

Inbetween solid 4 and predictably melodramatic 2

4. Bob's rating of the film Sling Blade

It starts strong and it feels like it could take any direction - it stays that way for a large portion with not much going on, but still masterfully keeping the viewer invested. Then it starts to drag a little bit while foreshadowing how it's gonna end and it stays like that the rest of the way through. Warm story and clever approach but without groundbreaking achievement other than unrecognizable Billy Bob Thornton.

5. Sirma Kurtulmaz's rating of the film Sling Blade

6. FISCHER's rating of the film Sling Blade

Oeuvre attachante et simple à l'opposé de ce que le cinéma hollywoodien a produit sur le même sujet, réalisée par un acteur/cinéaste de talent... www.cinefiches.com

7. Nachtreich's rating of the film Sling Blade

8. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film Sling Blade

Mixed reviews, but I'm on the the positive side. Simple, but effective. It never felt to try and go beyond itself, which I respected.

9. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Sling Blade

You can almost see the temples straining as the film struggles to achieve every effect.

10. Taufiq Hariyadi's rating of the film Sling Blade

11. rachel collier's rating of the film Sling Blade

Billy Bob's Bufallo 66. Perfect.

12. Rohith Varma's rating of the film Sling Blade

" hes funny,not haha funny "

13. Tigrão's rating of the film Sling Blade

14. Blumes's rating of the film Sling Blade

2.5 Jim Jarmusch plays a mean ice cream shop cashier.

15. knockkneed's rating of the film Sling Blade

16. shadowandryu's rating of the film Sling Blade

This movie wasn´t directed from Billy Bob Thornton, the director is Jim Jarmusch, the oscar winning screenplay is from Billy Bob Thornton's .

17. leonardosantos's rating of the film Sling Blade

I reckon this is a very touching movie.

18. Slowart's rating of the film Sling Blade

"you seem like a thinker, you seem to always be deep in thought, what are you thinking now?" "i was thinking i was going to take some of those potatoes home with me" "i reckon", "all right then", "i reckon", "all right then", "i reckon", "all right then", "i ain't listening to you no more"

19. Christopher A. Cook's rating of the film Sling Blade

There is a strange heart and awkward love in this film that i absolutely adore. Karl has done a horrible thing in his past, everyone is weary of him, yet you identify with the man, and almost find yourself agreeing with his actions. It also brings up interesting moral quandaries, would the world be better off without some people? Yes, but who are we to decide who dies and why? Every character is great and feels real.

20. William Low's rating of the film Sling Blade

great performance by Thornton,storyline is very strong, and then it left us with a subtle ending

21. Frederick Avery's rating of the film Sling Blade

moved me to tears. say no more.

22. Fabio Cristi's rating of the film Sling Blade

Now I get why Billy Bob Thornton was Academy Award-nominated for this movie. His performance is flawless. I also really liked the movie itself.

23. brucechris's rating of the film Sling Blade

An odd choice at 4am. The best of Billy Bob Thornton's handful of good down-south scripts.

24. Joe Bowman's rating of the film Sling Blade

Nope, Jarmusch just has a cameo in it.