1. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

2. f-nanda's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

As always in a Bergman's film the dialogues and scenes are insanely beautiful but I didn't engaged as much. "And the summer night smiled for the third time." As lovely as is depressing.

3. Mario Gaborović's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

I must be handicapped for Lubitsch-kinda humor.

4. Michael Convery's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

Bergman could make comic masterpieces too? IT'S NOT FAIR!!!

5. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

6. FISCHER's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

Réalisé sur le mode léger et badin du vaudeville sentimental, le film d'Ingmar Bergman flirte agréablement avec un hédonisme serein et tranquille où l'amoralisme bon enfant est de rigueur, ainsi qu'une inébranlable foi en l'homme. De plus, une intelligente présence des acteurs et une réalisation perfectionniste complètent notre contentement artistique. www.cinefiches.com

7. Zach Closs's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

Who knew Bergman had such a charming, giddily sexy comedy in him? Really fun stuff, but not without the director's incisive, provocative commentary on romantic relationships. Everyone is seeking something functional and complimentary; Romeo & Juliet's codependent melodrama is heavily satirized. Love is a matter of patience and timing here, something Bergman both laments and celebrates.

8. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

A facetious and seducing little romantic comedy / about love and jealousy with a quite classical-theatrical mood. Nothing transcendent or engaging but a pleasant film.

9. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

10. ceknklsn's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

11. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

I love this film and I don't love any of the variations that followed including "A Little Night Music" which belongs to my most hated genre, operetta. A propos of nothing, I think Eva Dahlbeck looks like a strapping Marilyn Monroe.

12. Ethan's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

This is not only Bergman's funniest film and most accessible for a wide audience but it is also the film that made Bergman an international superstar and a household name.

13. Aardsy's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

All over the place but... screwball sex comedy!

14. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

Saw this (again) on my honeymoon-- a favorite suddenly became uniquely precious. The context in which we encounter films often shapes our experience, sometimes for a lifetime.

15. SpacePirate's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

Bergman does comedy, and it works! One of the best in his illustrious catalog.

16. postblueink's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

7.5/10 (18.12.2015) a really romantic comedy by Ingmar Bergman.

17. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

18. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

What do you know, Ingmar Bergman could be charming when he wanted to. He slowly thickens the stew to a level of comic-romantic entanglement that would make Lubitsch or Renoir break a sweat, and brings it together for a gorgeous ending. And somehow he includes the Bergman philosophizing—on aging, god, sex, memory, etc.—without the lightness ever flagging. Even a director's minor films deserve 5 stars sometimes.

19. Polyglot's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

Bergman made a cheeky sex comedy romp. :D

20. etilen's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

If people knew the evil caused by listening to others, they would not care about listening and would be far happier.

21. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

Good Bergman, like a nice warm blanket.

22. Gerry Miriello's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night