1. Jim's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

★★★ / DCP/ Bergman’s amusing sex farce has a brooding underbelly populated with unhappy devious characters. For me the first half lulls, while the second, as the characters arrive at the estate brims with inventive charm, such as the sexual frenzy of the priest in training, the foiled suicide, Harriet Anderson’s lusty Petra. A rare, successful venture into comedy for Bergman.

2. Emrys's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

Enjoyed this last night at the summer solstice. Articulated well in a 1961 review (Pauline Kael), “Boudoir farce becomes lyric poetry. The film becomes an elegy to transient love: a gust of wind and the whole vision may drift away.” Light and playful.

3. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

It may not be Bergman's best film, but it is without a doubt his most entertaining.

4. Chearth's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

5. lou.'s rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

A delightful program dedicated to Bergman continues. [let me just add that the Italian dubbing is sometimes interrupted by the v.o. dialogues in Swedish]

6. VinceCi's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

Ti giuro di sposarti sulla cosa più preziosa che ho...la mia libertà

7. Quattro's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

A flawless comedy, perfectly written, staged and performed. At the same time light and bitter, every character is lovable despite (and because of) his or her own flaws; at the end of the game, it feels like everything's gone in its right place. Fun, smart, sweet. A delight.

8. mubianer's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

35mm. David Thomson: "The most special effect in movies is always the human face when its mind is being changed." Bergman understood this. Delightful film, both sad and funny! Great re-watch for me.

9. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

10. f-nanda's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

As always in a Bergman's film the dialogues and scenes are insanely beautiful but I didn't engaged as much. "And the summer night smiled for the third time." As lovely as is depressing.

11. Mario Gaborović's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

I must be handicapped for Lubitsch-kinda humor.

12. Michael Convery's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

Bergman could make comic masterpieces too? IT'S NOT FAIR!!!

13. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

14. FISCHER's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

Réalisé sur le mode léger et badin du vaudeville sentimental, le film d'Ingmar Bergman flirte agréablement avec un hédonisme serein et tranquille où l'amoralisme bon enfant est de rigueur, ainsi qu'une inébranlable foi en l'homme. De plus, une intelligente présence des acteurs et une réalisation perfectionniste complètent notre contentement artistique. www.cinefiches.com

15. Zach Closs's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

Who knew Bergman had such a charming, giddily sexy comedy in him? Really fun stuff, but not without the director's incisive, provocative commentary on romantic relationships. Everyone is seeking something functional and complimentary; Romeo & Juliet's codependent melodrama is heavily satirized. Love is a matter of patience and timing here, something Bergman both laments and celebrates.

16. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

A facetious and seducing little romantic comedy / about love and jealousy with a quite classical-theatrical mood. Nothing transcendent or engaging but a pleasant film.

17. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

18. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

I love this film and I don't love any of the variations that followed including "A Little Night Music" which belongs to my most hated genre, operetta. A propos of nothing, I think Eva Dahlbeck looks like a strapping Marilyn Monroe.

19. Ethan's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

This is not only Bergman's funniest film and most accessible for a wide audience but it is also the film that made Bergman an international superstar and a household name.

20. Aardsy's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

All over the place but... screwball sex comedy!

21. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

Saw this (again) on my honeymoon-- a favorite suddenly became uniquely precious. The context in which we encounter films often shapes our experience, sometimes for a lifetime.

22. SpacePirate's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

Bergman does comedy, and it works! One of the best in his illustrious catalog.

23. postblueink's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night

7.5/10 (18.12.2015) a really romantic comedy by Ingmar Bergman.

24. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Smiles of a Summer Night