1. FISCHER's rating of the film Snakes and Ladders

>>> Pour les réalisations de Raul Ruiz, surtout en ce qui concerne les courts métrages, c'est souvent tout ou rien. C'est-à-dire, on y adhère d'office ou alors on décroche très vite. C'est le cas pour cette production. Ce qui n'empêche que notre bonhomme reste un grand metteur en scène ..... www.cinefiches.com

2. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Snakes and Ladders

3.7 stars. I watched this one as a "delinquent spectator", drifting in and out of sleep and using an automatic online translation for the subtitles. It was really effective! Astonishing that Ruiz could make such rich, phantasmagorical films on such low budgets.

3. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Snakes and Ladders

"H realizes he is the victim of the worst type of nightmare, a didactic nightmare." So true. I wonder what would have happened to Mr. Ruiz had his films gotten the same support and critical stature of JLG. Ruiz's films are as good or better. Maybe he'd turn vain and arrogant.

4. rafaelmontenegrofausto's rating of the film Snakes and Ladders

"Snakes and ladders/ Zig zag/ Le jeu de l'oie'' (1980, R.Ruiz) and "Le pont du nord" (1981, J.Rivette) are brothers

5. Francisco R.'s rating of the film Snakes and Ladders

I highly recommend getting into this 'cauchemar didactique'.

6. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Snakes and Ladders

I somewhat despise the terms "Borgesian" and "Kafkaesque" (and "Lynchian" for that matter). There has to be a more profound mode of description as Borges covered so much more than labyrinths, Kafka more than disorienting bureaucratic domination. So excuse my laziness; this down-the-rabbit-hole fantasy-nightmare is actually both, but of course only through the lens and inimitable mind of Ruiz. Go ahead, roll the dice.

7. Fatzers's rating of the film Snakes and Ladders