1. morals and dogma's rating of the film Snowden

2. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Snowden

3. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Snowden

I'd recommend watching Citizenfour instead. Laura Poitras creates a more thrilling mood story in her documentary than Oliver Stone came close to achieving here.

4. Graveyard Poet's rating of the film Snowden

The story behind Snowden is important for our time but this film makes it bland and boring with its artificial acting, clumsy directing, and poor plotting.

5. mikong's rating of the film Snowden

6. FCC 86's rating of the film Snowden

"This is not about terrorism. Terrorism is the excuse"

7. João Valadão's rating of the film Snowden

Snowden and all the surveillance topic deserved more than the typical American heroic storyline.

8. jajabornixa's rating of the film Snowden

9. anarresti's rating of the film Snowden

"The fear that I think I have most in regards to the outcome from America of these disclosures is that nothing will change in the coming months and the coming years, it'll just get worse. And then eventually at some point some new leader will be elected who flips the switch and the people won't be able to do anything by that point to oppose it and it will be turned to tyranny." A good complement to Citizen Four.

10. Rebeca Magnus's rating of the film Snowden

Although that pole dance shot. That was pretty amazing.

11. lonesome-boat's rating of the film Snowden

COVER YOUR WEBCAMS WITH A POST-IT GUYSSS. Oh boy he's a freaking great actor though, I LOVE YOU MAN.

12. Arunee Sarasetsiri's rating of the film Snowden

13. Elayla's rating of the film Snowden

Well, this kind of got me paranoid about webcams. I mean, I knew they were watching, but the scenes with the Pakistani man and his daughter were a tiny bit chilling.

14. Adam's rating of the film Snowden

Trite tele-movie stuff. Watch 'Citizen Four' instead.

15. east1999's rating of the film Snowden

I always return to Oliver Stone for his conscious "themes" and his docudrama need to be "on the inside", a petty political curiosity I share. In this hagiography, Snowden is presented as a patriot conservative, brought to the left by his beautiful girlfriend. There's XKeyscore in a film for the first time, and a few NSA workspaces of interest. Better than the "cold" Citizenfour, though it overextends.

16. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Snowden

2.8 The subject should have caused a riot, but in Stone´s hand it is a somewhat tame affair. A certain feeling of oppression would have been in order here.

17. Isa Reis's rating of the film Snowden

snowden for dummies. o joseph gordon levitt está muito bem, congratz. mas o filme é tão antiquado no seu estilo. se o tema não fosse o que é, diria que era um filme dos anos 80.

18. Daniel Grudsky's rating of the film Snowden

2,5, más que nada por lo interesante e impactante del tema planteado.

19. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film Snowden

Citizen 4 covered similar ground more effectively. Sprinkles of the old autuer Stone in some of the montages shows through but it's an hbo docudrama. Not enough hindsight to put this in the proper perspective. And that accent levit is doing? Wtf?!

20. Rocketeam's rating of the film Snowden

Here's an idea for a rom-com: an NSA agent falls in love with the girl he surveys, he fakes a meeting, they fall in love, montage of good times, then she finds out he spies on her, they have a fight but then in the end they reconcile and love wins.

21. David Grillo's rating of the film Snowden

Ahh what a delicious irony to have the machine devour itself.

22. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Snowden

I'd hoped to say that the contemporaneous work of cinematic hagiography by a right-wing crackpot (SULLY) has interesting equivalences with the (ostensibly) left-wing crackpot's stab at same, but the former's aim is dogged, clenched modesty & a stiff upper lip (careful what you wish for, that goal's attainment=above-average TV biopic); Stone's would-be techno-thriller is just a frantic embarrassment. CITIZENFOUR FTW.

23. -REM-'s rating of the film Snowden