1. -Firebird's rating of the film Snowtown

Craftfully directed. Very unsettling subject-matter. Extreme violence bred out of poverty and neglect.

2. Paolo Utili's rating of the film Snowtown

3. Sarah McMullan's rating of the film Snowtown

#1. There is no snow in SNOWTOWN #2. Australia is not like Summer Bay. It's filled with bogans, mullets and places like Adelaide. It also has it's fair share of serial killers and I'm not talking salt water crocs or drop bears. #3: Right from the start it was obvious Justin Kurzel was going to do great things #4: There are lots of places to hide a body in Australia. Just saying.

4. vordven's rating of the film Snowtown

5. Krish sanghvi's rating of the film Snowtown

How do you deal with criminals and offenders? By taking law in your own hands and become a vigilante if the system is shit? When people say “that rapist/murderer should be killed and tortured”, is this what they mean? Is it the action which makes you a criminal, or the intention? There are fucked up people everywhere and everybody has the capacity to commit crime. Also on how LGBTQ people are demonised to be perverts

6. I.Camera's rating of the film Snowtown

A horrifyingly accurate account of one of Australia's most notorious killing sprees (this film appropriately plays down the some of the most sadistic details), a scar so bad that Snowtown has even considered changing its name. The use of non-professionals (other than Henshall) gives the film an authenticity that similar projects, such as Animal Kingdom, lack, and the look and sounds of suburban Australia are spot on.

7. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Snowtown

So loathsome you wanna shower afterwards.

8. eberhard's rating of the film Snowtown

A study of the borderline of civilization eating away at itself on its fringes.

9. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Snowtown

Kurzel's film looks rough at the first sight. But looking closer one can see how carefully structured his shots are, how he arranges interiors or perspectives and how he focuses his actors or defocuses them by showing only parts of their bodies. Using this visual vocabulary to underline the development of the story and the inescapability of the situation shows great craftmanship.

10. Peter Walsh's rating of the film Snowtown

An unbroken shock to one sense, the ears. A harrowing yet languidly gripping at the same time. The sort of film that's really hard to shake off. Which is to say, the best kind of film.

11. João R.'s rating of the film Snowtown

From the start, it relies on shock to proceed, which means that the events that follow, as highly disturbing as the previous ones, don't have the same impact as they could (or should) have had. It a very strong movie ue to its potential but the taste of a certain hollowness is evident.

12. OlesyaNisista's rating of the film Snowtown

the most disturbing film i have ever seen.. it totally traumatized me and been haunting me for weeks :(

13. film_lies101's rating of the film Snowtown

One of the most difficult films I've ever watched, not by what they show but what they DON"T show. I like the fact that it's told out of sequence in effect, though it doesn't appear to be at first. The acting is superb all around, really hard to find fault with anyone. This definitely gets under the skin and stays there.

14. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Snowtown

I have an attraction to the extreme. This is a horrendous story based on true life. It really gets into the brutality and pulls no punches. The horrific becomes banal.

15. Deiner's rating of the film Snowtown

Even though at the end it becomes repetitive (it somehow works though because it makes it even more uncomfortable to watch) this is an almost perfect film in my eyes; Kurzel doesn't rely on the gory nature of the story, he simply explores the nature the characters and shows them to us, in the most raw, disturbing and painful manner. Henshall's performance is quite remarkable (and incredibly unsettling).

16. captainfez's rating of the film Snowtown

'The Boys' without the sweet distance of fiction. Fucking terrifying.

17. Kk Soft Boss's rating of the film Snowtown

18. Madeleine Emma's rating of the film Snowtown

Terrifying and exceptional.

19. Michael N's rating of the film Snowtown

This is a brutal film, and the acting and pacing is masterclass. Fun Fact: Adelaide (the state which Snowtown, the town, is in historically has the most number of serial killers per capita in the world. Now you know.

20. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Snowtown

This one goes for the shock and gets it delivered. Everything in Snowtown is disturbing, filthy, decadent, sad. It shows human minds in raw state - nobody is, it's all a bunch of social disrupments. I really like the editing, it keeps the film non-stop with overflowing emotions. Thumbs up!

21. Bruce Carter's rating of the film Snowtown

This is the most disturbing movie I have ever seen... It' a brilliant movie based closely on actual events.. A story that needed to be told. The acting, including the many amateurs, is excellent. Did I say this is the most disturbing movie I've ever seen?

22. The Macho King's rating of the film Snowtown

Nihilistic to its vary bone.A haunting and disturbing display of a reality where there is no such thing as humanity.A world where things such as morals,ethics,joy or even something as simple as love are skewed,bastardized or absent altogether.It's so good at what it does that i probably will never watch this film again in my life.

23. Egoisms's rating of the film Snowtown

Incredibly powerful. As in Haneke's Hidden, the one, brief, intense scene of violence is terrifying, shocking, leaves an indelible mark.

24. ajolote's rating of the film Snowtown