1. Peter Walsh's rating of the film Snowtown

An unbroken shock to one sense, the ears. A harrowing yet languidly gripping at the same time. The sort of film that's really hard to shake off. Which is to say, the best kind of film.

2. João R's rating of the film Snowtown

From the start, it relies on shock to proceed, which means that the events that follow, as highly disturbing as the previous ones, don't have the same impact as they could (or should) have had. It a very strong movie ue to its potential but the taste of a certain hollowness is evident.

3. OlesyaNisista's rating of the film Snowtown

the most disturbing film i have ever seen.. it totally traumatized me and been haunting me for weeks :(

4. film_lies101's rating of the film Snowtown

One of the most difficult films I've ever watched, not by what they show but what they DON"T show. I like the fact that it's told out of sequence in effect, though it doesn't appear to be at first. The acting is superb all around, really hard to find fault with anyone. This definitely gets under the skin and stays there.

5. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Snowtown

I have an attraction to the extreme. This is a horrendous story based on true life. It really gets into the brutality and pulls no punches. The horrific becomes banal.

6. Deiner's rating of the film Snowtown

Even though at the end it becomes repetitive (it somehow works though because it makes it even more uncomfortable to watch) this is an almost perfect film in my eyes; Kurzel doesn't rely on the gory nature of the story, he simply explores the nature the characters and shows them to us, in the most raw, disturbing and painful manner. Henshall's performance is quite remarkable (and incredibly unsettling).

7. captainfez's rating of the film Snowtown

'The Boys' without the sweet distance of fiction. Fucking terrifying.

8. Kk Soft Boss's rating of the film Snowtown

9. Madeleine Emma's rating of the film Snowtown

Terrifying and exceptional.

10. Michael N's rating of the film Snowtown

This is a brutal film, and the acting and pacing is masterclass. Fun Fact: Adelaide (the state which Snowtown, the town, is in historically has the most number of serial killers per capita in the world. Now you know.

11. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Snowtown

This one goes for the shock and gets it delivered. Everything in Snowtown is disturbing, filthy, decadent, sad. It shows human minds in raw state - nobody is, it's all a bunch of social disrupments. I really like the editing, it keeps the film non-stop with overflowing emotions. Thumbs up!

12. Bruce Carter's rating of the film Snowtown

This is the most disturbing movie I have ever seen... It' a brilliant movie based closely on actual events.. A story that needed to be told. The acting, including the many amateurs, is excellent. Did I say this is the most disturbing movie I've ever seen?

13. The Macho King's rating of the film Snowtown

Nihilistic to its vary bone.A haunting and disturbing display of a reality where there is no such thing as humanity.A world where things such as morals,ethics,joy or even something as simple as love are skewed,bastardized or absent altogether.It's so good at what it does that i probably will never watch this film again in my life.

14. Egoisms's rating of the film Snowtown

Incredibly powerful. As in Haneke's Hidden, the one, brief, intense scene of violence is terrifying, shocking, leaves an indelible mark.

15. ajolote's rating of the film Snowtown

16. JasonAv's rating of the film Snowtown

Confronting and hard to watch. 4/5

17. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Snowtown

"Snowtown" inicia con dureza. Su ambiente sórdido lo sostiene y desde principio predice lo trágico, sobre cómo un drama será consecuente de algo más grande, que está próximo y será una especie de cruz para la principal víctima. Justin Kurzel, sin embargo, no aprovecha en armar una trama. Su filme se estanca a lo que sería una crónica incompleta de un encabezado policial. Sus personajes se dejan arrastrar y nada más.

18. Cichlisuite's rating of the film Snowtown

Truly disturbing Australian noir - based on a true story. Wonderful soundtrack too.

19. Tom Cottey's rating of the film Snowtown

20. filmcapsule's rating of the film Snowtown

I don't like how many modern indies use a lazy, directionless "naturalism" instead of a strong defining style. Handheld cameras attempt a kind of "immediacy," and they largely fail, but its worse that they take the place of precise and purposeful direction. In the end, Snowtown sacrifices pointed narrative, emotional or psychological intrigue with a vague and only occasionally-successful ambiance.

21. Jimmi HRS's rating of the film Snowtown

I find Australian films painful to watch because they seem to always focus on bleak subjects and hold a typically depressing atmosphere. Although I do believe Kurzels debut is justified in carrying this suffocating mise en scène. To his credit he has done a brilliant job at capturing the sickening scene for one of Australia's worst murderers, for that I think it is a good film. I just personally loathe Aussie cinema.

22. pieomy's rating of the film Snowtown

great acting. disturbing.

23. cinemali's rating of the film Snowtown

I would've gave 4 stars for the film. I gave it 5 because maybe someone will watch it because people have to experience this film. It's hard, depressing and you just don't feel right after watching it. That's why you should watch it. It's an experience. The acting is flawless, which is really impressive for that low budget indie film with no star at all on a first feature film.

24. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Snowtown

An hypnotic and scary independent film. Review and rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2012/06/snowtown-2011.html

← Previous 1 3 4