1. José Neves's rating of the film Sobibor, Oct. 14, 1943, 4 p.m.

A memory's voice that represents a writing, a letter, in the spaces that time annulled but that were part of what more abject happened in Europe's recent history. The letter that the voice introduces is a calligraphy that enters the gaze and fills the apparent anonymity of the images and occupies them with a concomitant, imaginary vision, where lies the truth, the fantasmatic past that must be kept alive, inscribed.

2. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film Sobibor, Oct. 14, 1943, 4 p.m.

Un grand accompagnement à la Shoah. Par contre, je trouve que le cinéaste-historien Lanzmann prêche trop dans le film; ses questions et son point de vue sont trop orientées (but de commémorer l'épopée héroïque de ses juifs révoltés). Par contre, les « reconstitutions » des trajets, les images évocatrices et l'extraordinaire témoignage de Yehuda Lerner donnent une grande force au film

3. João Eça's rating of the film Sobibor, Oct. 14, 1943, 4 p.m.

a curious appendix to "Shoah" lacking its point of view complexity or its metonymic potency.

4. StellaWasaDiver's rating of the film Sobibor, Oct. 14, 1943, 4 p.m.

My only complaint is the same I had for Shoah: that Lanzmann didn't just subtitle the Hebrew, but instead makes us sit there watching the speaker, then listening to the French translation (and for me, reading the English subs).