1. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Society of the Spectacle

A revealing look behind the curtain of the modern world. Or maybe an airplane view of the intricate and exitless hamster maze of our society with the Unabomber in the cockpit, dropping bombs.

2. paxy's rating of the film Society of the Spectacle

3. weinbrandbabsi's rating of the film Society of the Spectacle

this is so inspiring & good, debord is a genius critical thinker - yet an obnoxious male gazer 4 sure

4. Beatriz Ourique's rating of the film Society of the Spectacle

5. Chearth's rating of the film Society of the Spectacle

6. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Society of the Spectacle

Very dense and intellectual film (narrative one based on found footages) which deconstructs with ability our consumption society. Should be watched several times to appreciate its great value. This one has a special place in my heart.

7. rian's rating of the film Society of the Spectacle

How deep is your love, How deep is your love I really need to learn, cause we're living in a world of fools, breaking us down, when they all should let us be, we belong to you and me.

8. sax_and_violins's rating of the film Society of the Spectacle

9. Joao Pedro Amorim's rating of the film Society of the Spectacle

10. smndvdcl's rating of the film Society of the Spectacle

A groundbreaking video essay. The artifice of representation by means of spectacle is obfuscated superbly by this scholarly visionary. An indispensable guide that would be a clear philosophical foundation to a bit of 'Meta Media Studies'. Zizek owes much to Debord.

11. kobaia's rating of the film Society of the Spectacle

A beautiful hodgepodge of images and wavelengths of sound that enliven the zeitgeist of a cultivated history of occidental worship of the commodity and bears within itself the emergent necessity for détournement and other means of negating the ubiquitous roles employed through ideological state apparatuses. The film of the book that substantially changed my life.

12. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Society of the Spectacle

13. Dale Wittig's rating of the film Society of the Spectacle

Debord's adaptation of his most influential and widely known book, stern, humorous and full of a profound sorrow at the destruction of human civilization that it enumerates and describes. It is perhaps the most necessary film ever made and consequently one of the least seen. It consists of quotations, and images swiped from ads, newspapers and other films (a few he admired,) but given new meaning through context.