1. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Society

One of the most political relevant US movies of the 1980s.

2. Emil Kurjak's rating of the film Society

3. Elinor Lewy's rating of the film Society

3.5 I couldn't believe my eyes...why haven't there been more films that were inspired by this batshit ending? Also appreciated the class critique...

4. Il calvario di un’anima perduta's rating of the film Society

5. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Society

6. Rocco's rating of the film Society

It could use a good ten or fifteen minutes trimming, but it's a well-made, grossly entertaining metaphorical freakshow that probably hits harder today than it did at the time of release.

7. Bob's rating of the film Society

For most of the time, execution comes kind of clumsy and because of that, paranoid aspect that holds majority of the movie turns out uninspired and routine. It's partially redeemed with the final scene which is probably the only reason for reputation that this movie receives, and it's also a sole purpose for this being a must see for every body horror fan.

8. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film Society

9. SeemsLikeFun's rating of the film Society

Would probably give it a 3.5 if I could, it's not exactly a 4 star movie, but I rounded up to increase the average rating. Starts out with the basic "are they paranoid or is there a conspiracy" Rosemary's Baby plot with some 80s high school tropes and incest, ends with a fantastic 20 minutes of body horror and on the nose class messages. Overly tongue in cheek B-horror humor bugs me but I can forgive it here.

10. lowplacelikehome's rating of the film Society

11. Louis Léonard's rating of the film Society

12. Landen Celano's rating of the film Society

13. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Society

If I had seen this when I was a teenager (and going through my Bret Idiot Ellis phase) I would've thought this was really a clever and subversive satire. I'm not a teenager anymore.

14. Log Lady's rating of the film Society

Oh hell, I'm just gonna throw the five stars out there. I mean, the first half was ominously stale in parts, but when shit hit the fan... Wow... One of the most stomach churning horror movies I've seen. The cronenberg-esque visuals, hilarious 80s camp, and delicious satire of the rich and powerful is the winning combination here.

15. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Society

6.5/10 ma da ubriaco può essere 10

16. Arf's rating of the film Society

mamma mia regà che cult del genere! atmosfere malate e distorte con un finale allucinante! consigliatissimo

17. goeienag's rating of the film Society

One of my top ten horrors. It's like a visual of punk rock lyrics swimming around in a pool of red slime.

18. Donia shohdy's rating of the film Society

A David Cronenberg- wanna be. That was beyond ridiculous

19. Stefano Pesenti C.'s rating of the film Society

Mmmmm... surprising movie I discovered as a young teenager back in the 80's...

20. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film Society

A childish criticism of the system

21. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Society

High school comedy meets Cronenberg meets Waters meets Dali meets Freud meets social critique meets camp meets body horror, and it ends in the greatest orgy in film history. Cheesy, weird, smart and great fun. You can't really say it's well made, but at this point, it doesn't really matter.

22. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Society

For the paranoid freethinker and the buttface enthusiast alike, Society is the substance of things groped for, a vision of embarrassing truth. It reminds me of a dream I'm still having. For those of us who were in high school in 1989, it's a viscous, veiny, flamboyantly hairy voyage down a dark memory tunnel, one lined with jets spraying nitrous oxide and suntan lotion. A giddy gutscape of the Cronenbergeoisie.

23. Pymo's rating of the film Society