1. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Solaris

3-4. Man goes out into space to transcend himself, and winds up being brought back in contact with himself via an alien life-form, who encapsulates a number of different self-reflective metaphors, not the least of which being a mirror. It's slow to get-going, but packs a wallop if you're down for an artful, restrained, super long episode of Star Trek, sans camp. Kudos, Tarkovsky, on tapping semiotics intentionally.

2. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Solaris

I love this slow-moving dreamy science fiction filled with symbolic imagery and a beautiful Natalya Bondarchuk. Hypnotic in style and with interesting philosophical questions. It demands your patience. Especially an overlong scene through the road tunnels of Japan (very futuristic for Communist Russia at the time) almost kill the flow of the film.

3. THE APOLL0's rating of the film Solaris

An interesting examination of the worthlessness of the hierarchical masculine values of civilization. The "smartest" men are sent to Solaris yet at the station they are unable to cope with the literal materialization of their own existence, memories, or experiences when they are separated from their position in civilization and are alone with themselves. Think of when the scientist lashes out at Kris's wife at the

4. Ghostman's rating of the film Solaris

What does it mean to be human? To be alive? To know another person? To know yourself? What is the purpose of knowledge? What is human progression if we are so technologically advanced but we do not know what is within? How can we reach for the stars & understand what is alien to us if we do not even know & respect each other? If we don't even know or respect ourselves? Solaris is a grand masterpiece of world cinema.

5. João Luís Ribeiro's rating of the film Solaris

6. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Solaris

Space is too fragile for a mankind that doesn't understand it and so does not appreciate it. Solaris faces humans up to how much they don't even know or recognise about themselves played out in a rusting and decrepit space station in the which the 'Guests' reflect the deepest fears and yearnings of the occupants.

7. MisterColo93's rating of the film Solaris

4.8/5 One of the best movies ever made, simple as that

8. natsume's rating of the film Solaris

«the salvation of humanity is in its shame»

9. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Solaris

I prefer the Soderbergh version, which connects the thematic dots more concisely & carries a much greater emotional weight. Tarkovsky's film is certainly of interest, specifically in how it evolves his key theme, memory. The absent wife, the childhood home, the dog, the mother, all find their way into later masterworks, Mirror & Nostalgia. A film full of profoundly beautiful moments amid scenes of arduous exposition.

10. João R's rating of the film Solaris

Sadcore science fiction. Despite my rating, I really appreciated this movie. Nevertheless, there were some aspects, such as its simplistic plot, that didn't allow me to fully experience it as cohesively and deeply as I think I could've. It's quite a journey to experience and, mainly, to feell - and reflect about the wonderful questions it rises by the end.

11. yovargas's rating of the film Solaris

Yet another pretentious foreign art-film that has its characters spend way too much time spouting nonsensical pseudo-philosophical "insights" that aren't really all that insightful. The tedious philosophizing (along with the also typical foreign art-film ultra-sluggish pace) get in the way of what is otherwise a pretty cool, moody sci-fi story. It gets a C.

12. Lana's rating of the film Solaris

13. vizija's rating of the film Solaris

14. Bob's rating of the film Solaris

The only thing in common with "2001", outside of space travel, is being sci-fi milestone of its native country. Outside of that, it reaches the heights and profoundness that very few art films managed to do, let alone its genre competitors. Larger than life themes of humanity and existence are successfully overshadowed by unique vision of poetic, musical imagery and it's simply one of the greatest movie achievements.

15. nargs_au's rating of the film Solaris

16. Crina Bucur's rating of the film Solaris

17. David Dango's rating of the film Solaris

18. MistaRichard's rating of the film Solaris

Tarkovsky's most famous work is one calmly restless masterpiece. Sinister camera pushes and very intelligent editing and blocking create a harrowing mood befit of a genuine psychological thriller, both relentless and effortlessly propelling the viewer forward with the story.

19. FISCHER's rating of the film Solaris

Un pur chef-d'oeuvre du cinéma qui par le biais de la science-fiction propose une aiguë et pénétrante réflexion sur l'homme, sa nature et ses questionnements... www.cinefiches.com

20. Fleet's rating of the film Solaris

21. Arf's rating of the film Solaris

madònn non so più niente della mia vita

22. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Solaris

I'm obsessed with this film. I saw it for the first time recently, a 35mm print! It's the type of slow burn space station drama that really stimulates my imagination. This is the second Andrei Tarkovsky film I've seen and it's now my mission to see the rest of his work. I highly recommend it for anyone who wonders what intelligences might wait for us amongst the stars.

23. Diogo CF's rating of the film Solaris

e é um dos Tarkovskys de que menos gosto

24. Carlos Bonifácio's rating of the film Solaris

O psicólogo que se perde na sua própria análise. Kris encontra na estação um local remoto, uma plataforma de sonhos e pesadelos. Este "oceano" não nos é estranho - o veneno ou o remédio - mas a sua linguagem nunca deixa de ser própria. (4.5)