1. MisterColo93's rating of the film Solaris

2. natsume's rating of the film Solaris

«the salvation of humanity is in its shame»

3. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Solaris

I prefer the Soderbergh version, which connects the thematic dots more concisely & carries a much greater emotional weight. Tarkovsky's film is certainly of interest, specifically in how it evolves his key theme, memory. The absent wife, the childhood home, the dog, the mother, all find their way into later masterworks, Mirror & Nostalgia. A film full of profoundly beautiful moments amid scenes of arduous exposition.

4. João R's rating of the film Solaris

Sadcore science fiction. Despite my rating, I really appreciated this movie. Nevertheless, there were some aspects, such as its simplistic plot, that didn't allow me to fully experience it as cohesively and deeply as I think I could've. It's quite a journey to experience and, mainly, to feell - and reflect about the wonderful questions it rises by the end.

5. yovargas's rating of the film Solaris

Yet another pretentious foreign art-film that has its characters spend way too much time spouting nonsensical pseudo-philosophical "insights" that aren't really all that insightful. The tedious philosophizing (along with the also typical foreign art-film ultra-sluggish pace) get in the way of what is otherwise a pretty cool, moody sci-fi story. It gets a C.

6. Lana's rating of the film Solaris

7. vizija's rating of the film Solaris

8. Bob's rating of the film Solaris

The only thing in common with "2001", outside of space travel, is being sci-fi milestone of its native country. Outside of that, it reaches the heights and profoundness that very few art films managed to do, let alone its genre competitors. Larger than life themes of humanity and existence are successfully overshadowed by unique vision of poetic, musical imagery and it's simply one of the greatest movie achievements.

9. nargs_au's rating of the film Solaris

10. Crina Cătălina's rating of the film Solaris

11. David Dango's rating of the film Solaris

12. MistaRichard's rating of the film Solaris

Tarkovsky's most famous work is one calmly restless masterpiece. Sinister camera pushes and very intelligent editing and blocking create a harrowing mood befit of a genuine psychological thriller, both relentless and effortlessly propelling the viewer forward with the story.

13. FISCHER's rating of the film Solaris

Un pur chef-d'oeuvre du cinéma qui par le biais de la science-fiction propose une aiguë et pénétrante réflexion sur l'homme, sa nature et ses questionnements... www.cinefiches.com

14. Fleet's rating of the film Solaris

15. Arf's rating of the film Solaris

madònn non so più niente della mia vita

16. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Solaris

I'm obsessed with this film. I saw it for the first time recently, a 35mm print! It's the type of slow burn space station drama that really stimulates my imagination. This is the second Andrei Tarkovsky film I've seen and it's now my mission to see the rest of his work. I highly recommend it for anyone who wonders what intelligences might wait for us amongst the stars.

17. Diogo CF's rating of the film Solaris

e é um dos Tarkovskys de que menos gosto

18. Carlos Bonifácio's rating of the film Solaris

O psicólogo que se perde na sua própria análise. Kris encontra na estação um local remoto, uma plataforma de sonhos e pesadelos. Este "oceano" não nos é estranho - o veneno ou o remédio - mas a sua linguagem nunca deixa de ser própria. (4.5)

19. Andre Riantiarno's rating of the film Solaris

Solaris uses sci-fi to raise the most important questions of all: what it means to be a human being and how people deal with loss and grief.

20. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Solaris

Don't be confused by the sci-fi label. It's just a means towards a very fascinating end. It's about love. No one can duplicate the amazing talent of Tarkovsky, because he thinks like a poet. He truly is in a class by himself.

21. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film Solaris

it's perfect & don't you dare deny it

22. Fabiha's rating of the film Solaris

"We don't know what to do with other worlds. We don't need other worlds. We need a mirror. We struggle to make contact, but we'll never achieve it. Man needs man!"

23. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Solaris

Watched a 35mm print. Among other amazing things is the intricate sound design. I must confess i dozed for a few minutes, the tunnel scene hypnotised me.

24. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Solaris

The art direction of the sceneries and the color palette prove how unique is this sci-fi. Watched it twice but I think I haven't realized half of its core.