1. bitterMoo's rating of the film Solitary Man

2. rorydean's rating of the film Solitary Man

I caught this on the shelf when there wasn't much else to choose from and given I'm not a big Jesse Eisenberg fan I went in with low expectations but Douglas was a funny, charming, and reminded me of all the reasons I've enjoyed watching him over the years. He's such a talented actor - too bad age has caught up with him (and illness) though I'm sure he's not down for the count just yet. Best to him and his family->

3. Edward Copeland's rating of the film Solitary Man

Michael Douglas gives a winning performance that's almost a comment on all those jerks he used to play that made me resist him as an actor pre-Wonder Boys, http://eddieonfilm.blogspot.com/2010/11/permission-to-be-asshole.html

4. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Solitary Man

In my opinion, Douglas's performance is his best in years, almost matching up his performance in Joel Schumacher's Falling Down. He's like a bumble-bee always making the wrong decisions when he's with a woman. The light tone of the film can't always hide its darkest undertones. Recommended.

5. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Solitary Man

Sometimes out of fear we make poor choices. Sometimes those choices work out pretty well for a while. Sometimes the consequences of those choices catch up to us. This is the story of a man who finally begins to recognize the choices he should have made. Perhaps too late, perhaps not. Some fine, often understated, performances.

6. Ángel Ponce Cabrera's rating of the film Solitary Man

Best performance I've seen from Michael Douglas. Great movie.

7. Caden Cotard's rating of the film Solitary Man

Douglas' best film, let alone performance, since Wonder Boys. And he's surrounded by several brilliant actors giving brilliant performances.

8. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film Solitary Man

I agree with you Austin B. It was a very well done film on most all accounts but it felt either shorter than it should've been or incomplete somehow. The ending was fitting in my opinion but I think there should've been more in our journey to it.

9. Ed Benn's rating of the film Solitary Man

What a travesty that a film of this calibre would get relegated to a DVD release. Great acting and thought provoking subject matter. Support it on DVD!

10. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Solitary Man

"Consistent is boring". A single man tries to be serious, dresses in black, lives like a gigolo. is Inexplicably loved by the very same women and friends he hurt. An interesting piece of science fiction whose motto is "Lust is good". Now I now what to look forward to when I'll be sixty, if I'll ever get there.