1. Fabiha's rating of the film Solitude at the End of the World

"Solitude means so much. You like it because you want to forget about the noisy world. You don't want newspapers, television, radio...nothing. But suddenly it becomes a big load, a weight. You get so lonely, so lonely, that suddenly you need company, human interaction. You live it, feel it, chew it and say: wow! A quarter of an hour has passed and I don't have the ability to be a loner anymore."

2. Alex's rating of the film Solitude at the End of the World

This film gets me excited to make films.

3. El Biffo's rating of the film Solitude at the End of the World

Loneliness is really lonely. Especially if there's nothing to do except stare at the sea; there aren't any movie theaters or bowling alleys or anyone to talk to and that one guy, he doesn't even know how to read, so that cuts out that option. I guess the upside is not having to shave or decide what to wear today.

4. Clay_Carter's rating of the film Solitude at the End of the World

Often film is a transit to places we might not visit in our lifetime, jobs we might never hold, weather our skin might never feel, sunlight our eyes might never take in. I have a soft spot in my heart for little films like this one. It feels organic, bounded and free simultaneously. It reminds me of the folks, literally in the case, who live on the fringe. Patagonia must be a most beautiful, desolate of fringe.

5. David R Williams's rating of the film Solitude at the End of the World

Is this life or only existence? Lone figures go through their motions as far from the maddening crowds as they could get. If the camera had not found them and recording them would they even be real? A somber contemplation of what it means to be alone in the world by choice.

6. DJ Summitt's rating of the film Solitude at the End of the World

In an attempt to evoke the reflective, meditative aspect of loneliness Casas created a poetic, contemplative examination of life at the end of the world. In doing so the film begins to crush under its own contemplation. Similar to a novice learning to meditate I struggled to focus completely on the film at hand.

7. Linn's rating of the film Solitude at the End of the World

Yes, it is a quiet and slow exploration of solitude under extreme circumstances. At times this documentary reminded me of Jean-Pierre Abraham's masterly chronicles from a lighthouse at the French Atlantic coast, were he lived and worked as lighthouse keeper for several month in absolute solitude. In contrast to the book though, this piece for me does not capture what lies at the screaming core of solitude at all.

8. Bernardo Anderson's rating of the film Solitude at the End of the World

Interesting examination of solitude and the people who live that way.

9. jim in austin's rating of the film Solitude at the End of the World

Haunting. Sort of a secular companion piece for Into Great Silence...

10. Lexi Bass's rating of the film Solitude at the End of the World

This film is a model for how sound and image should work together... all of the music seemed to be dotted with sounds of the captured footage. So audio and music were not two separate entities but one cohesive thing. It was a really stunning and contemplative look at loneliness. Gorgeous.

11. Armando's rating of the film Solitude at the End of the World

Very modest documentary if compared, for example, to Into the Silence. The subject is compelling in itself, but the directors do a very poor job. The landscape and soundtrack are great, but the directors do a very poor job.

12. Chris Gillespie's rating of the film Solitude at the End of the World

Beautiful landscape cinematography and ambient soundtrack. Don't expect much of a narrative or interviews... this is a poetic mood piece. Sort of like an arctic companion to Herzog's "Fata Morgana".

13. Alex's rating of the film Solitude at the End of the World

14. Nadin's rating of the film Solitude at the End of the World

A wonderfully poetic and slow journey. The theme strongly reminded me on Ben Rivers' Two Years at Sea, which depicts the solitude (and happiness) of a Scottish man in much the same way. Fabulous piece of work!

15. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Solitude at the End of the World