1. Aardsy's rating of the film Some Came Running

A bit of a mess, but enjoyable.

2. TheCentralRuhr's rating of the film Some Came Running

The way Minnelli paints the scope canvas (inspired by the insides of jukeboxes) & his attention to framing (oh man, those interiors) are immaculate. The ending in particular is almost a microcosm for the film itself. Transformed into the fairgrounds, Parkman becomes a literal stage for the melodramatic expression of these characters’ psychologies - a collision of neon lights, stark emotions, and jarring cuts.

3. SpacePirate's rating of the film Some Came Running

A somewhat forgotten gem. Minneli brings his musical tastes and flair for technicolor and brings a palette of beautiful color to this rather grey and bleak tale of characters who are all troubled in their own unique way. The cast is excellent, the script tight, and the direction and climax beautiful. Highly recommended.

4. Dimitris Jb's rating of the film Some Came Running

A vivid reminder of how sexist the American society was in the 50s. The chase scene at the fair was amazing tho.

5. Emily O's rating of the film Some Came Running

fools rush in with their pants around their ankles

6. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film Some Came Running

"A lot of people got it into their heads that the only thing the American moviegoer wanted to do was to stare at Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton and they made movies accordingly." http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2015/01/episode-42-vincente-minnelli-melodramas.html

7. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Some Came Running

perhaps cinema's greatest tragedy

8. Des Horne's rating of the film Some Came Running

My favourite American drama.

9. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film Some Came Running

I don't entirely know what the film was about as a whole, but that still didn't stop me from being thoroughly engaged by it. Despite the wonderful acting, the thing that struck me the most was the elegant and seemless camerawork and beautiful expressionistic lighting. This came especially into focus in one of the most erotic kiss scene of any film, with the sound of deep breathing as two lovers are wrapped in shadows

10. Trevor's rating of the film Some Came Running

An emotionally blistering and compositionally brilliant melodrama from one of the genre's true masters. The emotional desperation is both exhausting and weirdly exhilarating, while forcing one to reconsider the darker elements in Minnelli's other films. A masterpiece, perhaps his greatest film.

11. Endre's rating of the film Some Came Running

"I don't understand you neither, but that doesn't mean I don't like you." From then on, the ridiculous 'side character' gets the center stage, an earned close-up, the carnivalesque cliché of a mask turned into a touching human face. Like the film itself, gradually becoming gloomily vigorous.

12. Sudipto Basu's rating of the film Some Came Running

Barring one character, or maybe two, everyone here is so utterly immobile - stuck in their fates, unwilling to break out. The sort of film that makes you pretty depressed.

13. Eleni Ashton's rating of the film Some Came Running

You'll get drunk on this but the climax will sober you.

14. Charles Foster Kane's rating of the film Some Came Running

Maybe someday I'll be able to watch this without crying. I tend to doubt it, though.

15. Zachary Phillip Brailsford's rating of the film Some Came Running

This is a tough movie to rate, because of how it shifts from tone to tone, even within the same scene. I think it's very good, although very odd. Savvy

16. chanandre's rating of the film Some Came Running

[Cinémathèque PT #185: 35 mm]

17. Dave's rating of the film Some Came Running

Jack Lehtonen said it best a few posts down: "One of the Great American Films." This one was a revelation when I finally watched it. Something about James Jones' novels in the hands of such talented directors created classic films.