1. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Somers Town

A type of neorealist British cinema from pre-Brexit world where an English outsider finds his best mates to be a Polish migrant worker’s son and a French waitress. A well-crafted story according to the principle of “if the protagonist has only one thing of value, you better be sure to snatch it from him right in the beginning”. Underdogs of Europe, unite!

2. Fredrick Karlsson's rating of the film Somers Town

Charmig, warm and with the occasional dash of uncomfortable reality. A small treat.

3. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Somers Town

I would give three and a half stars to this film. I am glad that I have been introduced to Shane Meadows thanks to mubi. I think "This is England" is more impressive than this film. However, just like the characters of the film, I feel that this film is so humble and so sweet. After I watched this film, I felt really positive towards life. It is both romantic and realistic.

4. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Somers Town

5. Anıl Ersezer's rating of the film Somers Town

6. kris's rating of the film Somers Town

I like Shane Meadows work and while this isn't his best work it still has that growing up charm to it, which i can relate to. I thought the black and white picture may not work, but it honestly didn't make a difference to me.

7. Dory Bakiewicz Ehmer's rating of the film Somers Town

8. Brian Gutierrez's rating of the film Somers Town

The story of the two boys interacting and befriending each other is what drew me in and kept me going. How they found a way to be there for each other was endearing coming from two different environments and being outsiders within their current surroundings.

9. greyladycine's rating of the film Somers Town

3.5 Nice little slice of life film. Not much happens but yet in a short time ( 71 min. ) I feel like we get to know who these characters are. I wouldn't have minded spending a little more time with them.

10. Ben's rating of the film Somers Town

A small, sweet piece of realist humanism. I'm a little suspicious of Eurostar's role in funding the film, but even when the product placement is heavy handed it doesn't disrupt the tone of the film.

11. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Somers Town

5 stars for super good vibed!!! YES!!!

12. Joe Pryweller's rating of the film Somers Town

Other reviewers have complained about the slightness of this film but that oddly made it more endearing to me. The film is reduced down to a simple tale, in black and white, of friendship between two adrift teens in London who are a bit unmoored and need companionship. Nothing more than that -- no dramatic conflict to get in the way. Instead, what emerges is a warm, alive relationship, with empathy and hope.

13. Tiphaine Tatin de Lattre's rating of the film Somers Town

Shane Meadows directed a film with a happy ending. [maybe because he didn't write it]. As always in his films, the music is good, you get a good laugh and the characters are adorable.

14. caitlin.f's rating of the film Somers Town

this was pretty boring to me, not sure why.

15. T Mills's rating of the film Somers Town

Wow. This is the strongest work I've seen from Meadows. It's surprisingly subtle and touching compared to This is England and Dead Man's Shoes. The film reignites my interest in Meadows' work.

16. jeremy foley's rating of the film Somers Town

It was alright I guess, a coming of age tale but nothing really special about it

17. David R Williams's rating of the film Somers Town

18. Joshua Paolino's rating of the film Somers Town

I felt better as a human being for watching this. Shane Meadows never disappoints me.

19. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Somers Town

20. Bernardo Anderson's rating of the film Somers Town

A nice coming of age film that leaves out the big questions and just shows us the magical mundane.

21. Enrico Cioni's rating of the film Somers Town

Cute. A couple of really funny sequences, I couldn't stop laughing. The ending was bullshit though--hopefully it was all just a dream and their lives remained stiflingly mundane.

22. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film Somers Town

Although the performances have an endearingly naturalistic charm the screenplay is too slight and under-developed to have any real substance

23. LouisD's rating of the film Somers Town

A warm and tender little movie!

24. Noam's rating of the film Somers Town

Easy to watch feel-good film, with likeable, all-round performances. I found the unlikely friendship a little hard to believe..