1. Word...Life's rating of the film Something from Nothing: The Art of Rap

I'de like to see Ice T do this with Godfather Don, Buckshot, Grand Puba, Kam, King T, Pharoe Monch, Masta Ace, A.G, Rass Kass

2. smndvdcl's rating of the film Something from Nothing: The Art of Rap

One of the most comprehensive docs on a music genre. Ice-T gets out his phone book of contacts and gives us a treat of insider knowledge regarding the creative process from some of the scene's most renowned figures. Spot on.

3. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film Something from Nothing: The Art of Rap

i like this but i hate enimem. bah.

4. Mike Archibald's rating of the film Something from Nothing: The Art of Rap

Vanity project. I wasn't expecting too much, but surely Ice T could have done better than serial snatches of banter with what seems like a random selection of MCs. The musical history is spotty, the urban vista cutaways are lazy, and the HD effects are corny. Worst of all, the a capella spitting is overzealous, and a lot of the over-the-hill rappers drop new stuff that shows how far they fell off. Wack.

5. The Macho King's rating of the film Something from Nothing: The Art of Rap

6. FailedImitator's rating of the film Something from Nothing: The Art of Rap

7. Kyle Lewis's rating of the film Something from Nothing: The Art of Rap

All surface, no depth. Could have been a great series for the web or tv.

8. Andre Rehal's rating of the film Something from Nothing: The Art of Rap

A good documentary about the creative process of writing a song in addition to the history of hip hop. There was a lot packed in here but I think we may need a sequel.

9. McNulty's rating of the film Something from Nothing: The Art of Rap

Hip Hop to the fullest! Hilarious, insightful, deep, raw and soulful especially if you're a Hip Hop head! Hearing the Emcees quote each other's lyrics is like Poets repeating some of Shakespeare's shit! Inspiring for any rapper! I heard there was 70 hours of recorded footage, let's hope the special edition DVD gets some deleted scenes. Bow down Drake, Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj THE REAL HIP HOP IS OVER HERE!

10. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Something from Nothing: The Art of Rap

11. Sean's rating of the film Something from Nothing: The Art of Rap

It's really great to see these famous rappers talk about the creative side of what they do for a living, how they go about writing a song, and who they are inspired by. I'll watch any doc that discusses music with musicians in it, and in this case these guys are true musicians in the lyrical sense. I guess it helps when Ice-T is the man across the table,who's able to get them to open, good stuff here.