1. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Something Like Happiness

(3.5 stars) Rough and tumble world to be sure. Nice character-driven story that took me through a variety of emotions along the journey. Definitely worth the viewing.

2. David R Williams's rating of the film Something Like Happiness

A film about love, longing, lust, lost, and loneliness. A bit predictable but strong performances throughout and confident direction hold interest.

3. Loz Loory's rating of the film Something Like Happiness

A sympathetic, intelligent look at what happens when a friend goes haywire, and how the lives of children are entirely dependent on a "village" to take care of them. Some people have the ability to be cut-throat and wash their hands of the situation. Others want to help. Glad Moni goes to the US, as otherwise she would always be wondering what she missed. Lovely slice-of-life portrait.

4. moviedream's rating of the film Something Like Happiness

Fantastic film. Best foreign language film I have seen in many years. Outstanding performances by all. Incredible directing and camera work, too.

5. Test's rating of the film Something Like Happiness

6. Tim Ran's rating of the film Something Like Happiness

Back in 2005, I lived in Prague and I rode the metro pretty much every day. Everywhere else in the world, if you saw a subway train covered in movie ads, it would be for the latest romcom or superhero flick, not a thoroughly depressing melodrama like 'Štěstí'. I believe this doesn't tell you everything about Czech people, but it does tell you everything about Czech film funding.

7. Radka's rating of the film Something Like Happiness

One of my favourites. Love every second of it.