1. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Something Wicked This Way Comes

"I had lunch with Sam Peckinpah twenty years ago and he wanted to do Something Wicked This Way Comes as a screenplay and I said "Sam, how you gonna do it?" and he said "rip the pages out of the book and stuff them in the camera." And he was right. All of my work is photogenic. I'm a child of cinema. I grew up seeing thousands of films. That goes into your blood stream..." — Ray Bradbury

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Something Wicked This Way Comes

Une adaptation soignée, mais manquant de personnalité. En effet, une débauche de trucages si réussis soient-ils, perturbe cette plongée dans l'enfance et détruit les implications psychologiques du scénario ..... www.cinefiches.com

3. msmichel's rating of the film Something Wicked This Way Comes

This adaptation of the classic Ray Bradbury novel seemed an utter failure on release in '83. Re-watching now the picture does have its charms especially the casting of Pryce and a real darkness, especially for a Disney film. The proper adaptation remains to be made but one could do worse than a revisit to Mr. Dark's carnival.

4. Ryan327's rating of the film Something Wicked This Way Comes

Re-watched 10/29/16 Re-watched 10/28/17

5. Myles O'Mara's rating of the film Something Wicked This Way Comes

I'm glad that Bradbury novels often include a dichotomy between the characters of lightness and darkness, tyranny and freedom etc, in the form of a brief vocal argument between the opposing philosophies. In Fahrenheit 451, it was the chief fireman vs. Guy Montag. In this film (I haven't read the book yet), there is Mr. Dark vs. the librarian, where Mr. Dark articulates his perspective on darkness.

6. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Something Wicked This Way Comes

Unjustly maligned adaptation of Bradbury's classic may not completely capture the dark magic of the book, but still does a very good job of translating it to the screen. Some of the minor characters and subplots are underdeveloped, and the young actors playing the boys aren't the best, but they're backed up by a great cast of character actors and some impressive special effects. Definitely worth another look.

7. Eric Sandefur's rating of the film Something Wicked This Way Comes

A fantastic book. A terrible movie. One of these things is not like the other. A remake by Tim Burton could be amazing, I believe.

8. Roscoe's rating of the film Something Wicked This Way Comes

A leaden and earthbound adaptation of one of the great works of fantasy. A missed opportunity, it is begging to be remade by a genuine wizard.