1. James Mackin's rating of the film Something Wild

It's very tense and well constructed, but the ending is so weird. It's like Almodovar's Atame played straight, and I don't know if that's a good thing.

2. Tadzio Bonaparte's rating of the film Something Wild

You shall not be saved, oh no.

3. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Something Wild

I can understand why there's a Criterion release on this one. The cinematography is quite good. The rest of it, not so much. The acting by Meeker is horrendous. Soap opera quality. The portrayal of NYC is a bit stereotypical as well. Everyone is mean. There are also long periods of silence. Unusual film.

4. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Something Wild

So, she's raped, she runs away from home, drops out of school, tries to kill herself, is saved by a passerby and then becomes his prisoner of love for an unspecified amount of time??? I'm finding it hard to follow the trail of thought...I think the heart of the film is in the right place, but this is a totally inaccurate account of the fallout a victim of rape experiences. Dull, messy, anti-climactic, unrealistic.

5. Aardsy's rating of the film Something Wild

The most vivid portrait of trauma I've seen in film.

6. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Something Wild

**1/2. Somewhere between a Tennessee Williams drama and the Free British cinema of the early 60's. Indigestible. Already forgotten.

7. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Something Wild

the salvation of the hopeless.

8. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film Something Wild

A great movie with Carroll Baker practically pantomiming her role...also proving definitively what a terrific actress she could be with good material...it's too bad that she spent most of the 60s in Paramount potboilers. Ralph Meeker is outstanding as well.

9. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Something Wild

Interesting attempt at stark realism over Hollywood melodrama, but one that's only sometimes successful. Strong performances by Carroll Baker and Ralph Meeker, and there's some effective black and white location photography - but it's all staggeringly slow paced and burdened with an unconvincing ending. Interesting, but not all that satisfying as a drama.