1. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Son of Saul

2. JCPJD's rating of the film Son of Saul

Saul is such an enigma. The circumstances around the death and burial of the child are so mysterious that it's almost 'unsatisfying'. And therein lies it's strength. Perhaps the burial is just an enigmatic maguffin designed to lead you through hell. The tone, cinematography and texture of the film is a tremendous attempt to evoke an event beyond our comprehension.

3. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Son of Saul

7.4/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-334

4. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Son of Saul

Artículo (suplemento cultural "It's playtime"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2016/01/15/el-hijo-de-saul-laszlo-nemes/

5. Faustgelopoulos's rating of the film Son of Saul

This is a totally unique film.Laszlo Nemes portrayal of the holocaust had a unique vision of what being in a concentration camp was.The director gives a totally different view from what other directors have given to the subject of the Holocaust.Nemes gives us lot´s of close up´s of the main character´s face, that may be tedious for lot´s of viewers. It is probably one of the most ray portrayals of the WWII.

6. Kenji's rating of the film Son of Saul

It's a fine and credible film. The hardened mentality and conveyor belt, machine-like brutality brought to mind what we do to billions of animals each month for no better reason than satisfying our taste buds.

7. DSPRKY's rating of the film Son of Saul

There's nothing more to say after Night and Fog. 0 points for premise, 2 points for realization.

8. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film Son of Saul

it looks like film commissioned by claims conference..everyone has no knowledge of the Hebrew bible and saul..for this reason, even the rabbis do not care about the funeral, how can an ordinary person be so eager for a child's funeral?it is very weak in terms of screenplay .Contrary to general comments, I liked the technical trainings.

9. jajabornixa's rating of the film Son of Saul

10. Lance L O T's rating of the film Son of Saul

It's a great premise and cinematography is just astounding but not just that, the choosing of the shots and the POV style of shot not showing the corpses is perhaps stronger, since you feel the thin red line that keeps you away from being one of them. It's highly important to keep films with this motive and those who can innovate and bring this cinematographic motif into it stretches the laws of film - so good!!

11. Ryan Borja's rating of the film Son of Saul

Haunting and intense debut feature from Hungarian Laszlo Nemes gives us a glimpse of hell on earth in a concentration camp during Hitler-led Holocaust. The soul-shaking film mirrors just how one's choice or decision can affect any person or others who are in a similar (or even worst) situation in order to survive. Who still hears the voice of reason or conscience during war?

12. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Son of Saul

13. Rita Maia's rating of the film Son of Saul

almost throwing up during the first scenes..but great

14. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film Son of Saul

15. Amanda A.Costa's rating of the film Son of Saul

The only reason this movie got the Oscar is because the Academy loves movies about holocaust. Seriously, this direction is poor. I didnt like that câmera on his neck all the time.

16. vordven's rating of the film Son of Saul

17. MONSIEURDE's rating of the film Son of Saul

18. maksym hruszczenko's rating of the film Son of Saul

Вважаю недоцільними закиди стосовно нелогічності та навіть подекуди абсурдності дій головного героя, так як зрозуміло, що він не повністю здоровий в психічному плані. Та воно й не дивно, зважаючи на місце, в якому він знаходиться та роботу, яку йому доводиться виконувати.

19. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film Son of Saul

Outstandingly artistic, brutal, and clever. It is a masterpiece of film-making you won`t forget for a long time. Wow. Just Wow!

20. Lars Åndheim's rating of the film Son of Saul

Negative space of overwhelming depth—no need (room) for the sensory faculties that elude celluloid captivity. The smell of earth and flesh, the sensation of rushing blood, memories of a past life—it’s all there, outside the frame. Pretty excited to see if it hits as hard second time around.

21. salttt's rating of the film Son of Saul

22. sainte's rating of the film Son of Saul

A different kind of Holocaust story. Makes you feel like you're watching some kind of fantasy of Hell, and then you realize this stuff actually happened. The way it was filmed is not for everyone but I think it adds to the claustrophobia feeling.

23. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Son of Saul

Disappointing. Terrible camera work: the shaky point-of-view shooting really gets on the nerves; also the unsharp background picture. I know, Nemes did it by purpose to focus on the person & his view. But after 2 hrs it's totally disturbing & annoying. Unexpectedly, I almost felt no emotional attachment to Saul & find the story boring; something, I would never have thought before; knowing the horrors of Auschwitz.

24. Nachtreich's rating of the film Son of Saul