1. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film Sonatine

2. tyb's rating of the film Sonatine

As rich in emotion as Kitano's face.

3. Luca Angelini's rating of the film Sonatine

4. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Sonatine

5. ermete polpette's rating of the film Sonatine

6. Tibulle85's rating of the film Sonatine

Certains films ne sont le fruit que d'une seule séquence rêvée qui aura su enflammer la sensibilité d'un réalisateur. On parie ici qu'il s'agissait des superbes scènes où les "terribles" yakuzas s'amusent tous ensemble comme des gamins sur la plage. De grands gamins qui vont ensuite à la violence comme nous allons le matin au travail, avec détachement et résignation. Le mélange des genres et des rythmes fait mouche.

7. CaÏn Kââ's rating of the film Sonatine

Démarrage Kitanesque d'une parfaite, sobre et totale méchanceté ; quand, par une bascule minuscule, surgit un autre monde tout aussi kitanesque, joueur, tendre, poétique, absurde. Puis, retour à la violence absolue. Que l'on aime les deux !

8. Marc Saffar's rating of the film Sonatine

J'ai adoré ce film. Une véritable œuvre d'art réalisée par un artiste complet, un maître du Cinéma. La mise en scène n'est pas violente, j'ai souvent pensé à Ozu. Kitano nous dépeint la fatalité de la mort et la poésie de la vie.

9. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Sonatine

Un leggero ed agile capolavoro, che tratta con estrema facilità e disinvoltura un tema, molto serio, come quello degli Yakuza nipponici. L'eclettico regista dagli occhi a mandorla riesce ancora a creare dei personaggi interessanti ed inserirli in un ambiente ricco di giochi, paesaggi balneari e violenza, tre caratteristiche imprescindibili dei lavori firmati Kitano. Un film di mafia non è mai stato così gradevole.

10. cabecassis@free.fr's rating of the film Sonatine

11. motcha's rating of the film Sonatine

Premier pas dans la filmographie de Kitano Takeshi, ce film ne m'a pas laissé indifférent. Le contraste entre insouciance et violence, poésie et vision crue de ma vie me donne envie de découvrir plus les films de Mr Kitano.

12. JO's rating of the film Sonatine

Superbe BO pour un film de mafia contemplatif.

13. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Sonatine

Kitano's deadpan, cooler-than-thou humor is always his best aspect, as the stoic drama leaves one cold, and thus, leaves one passive during the violence, although it's always very well staged. Sonatine reminds me of his Hollywood-esque, Brother, a film that is often hated, but is slightly better than the others, as there's more of that flippant humor. Yet, like the other work, it too thinks it's too cool for school.

14. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Sonatine

TAKESHI K, barman inspiré mixe ultra-violence, humour, poésie & musique pour ce cocktail étrange, sauvage & délicat. Parfois déconcertant, décousu, hétéroclite, qu'importe, c juste 1 chef d'oeuvre. ....TAKESHI K, inspired bartender mixes ultra-violence, humor, poetry & music for a strange cocktail, delicate at taste & wild at heart. At times disconcerting, disjointed, heterogeneous, whatever, it's a just masterpiece.

15. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Sonatine

16. Pedderrs's rating of the film Sonatine

An art house gangster film. Takeshi Kitano directs this unique drama with his signature unpretentious style; depicting violence coldly, brutally and without the usual theatrics we have become accustomed to seeing. There is an unusual deadpan quality to most of Kitano's work that may alienate some but here the indifference serves the story. Kitano's character is world-weary. For him, death is a welcome respite.

17. Louis Léonard's rating of the film Sonatine

18. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Sonatine

19. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film Sonatine

Zen and the Art of Murder. "I guess they had it coming." "We all got it coming, kid." Most films about organized crime romanticize it. Some don't romanticize it but end up being glorified as 'how to win friends and kill your enemies' primers. This is neither. The honesty of the protagonist regarding his vocation and his mortality is refreshing, and the ending is perfect in its own way. Arigato, Zen Master Takeshi.

20. Feng Ling's rating of the film Sonatine

Exquisite employment of poker face. Both action and cinematography have that signature asianic balance and simplicity that I admire. plainly but expertly deconstructed the criminal and childish elements of humanity.

21. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Sonatine

Extremely nihilistic. Great score. Some laugh out loud moments. Almost a meditation on the "Man, I'm getting too old for this shit" mantra.

22. klofter's rating of the film Sonatine

This was a seminal film for me when I was awakening to the possibilities of cinema in high school. And it still holds up. Underneath all the charming irreverence there is a dark and brutal heart pulsating and the terrible realization that fates are often set and love does not always transcend. The ending always hits like a ton of bricks and that's a testament to how affecting this film is, even on the 20th viewing.

23. mpho3's rating of the film Sonatine

I liked Sonatine so much more than I expected to. I was quite taken aback by the feelings it evinced in me. It has a romantic quality that is both dreamlike and unnerving, all of it feeling rather outrageous yet sensibly so. And the acting is so good. Is it wrong for me to characterize what is ultimately violent as being so lovely? 4.5 stars

24. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Sonatine

The storytelling is absolutely original, brilliant. The violence appears without notice, casual, everyday life, commonplace. This film has more than 20 years and predicted our everyday life, today.

← Previous 1 3 4