1. Andrew Lang's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

A strength of vision and a precision of purpose that is unmatched in modern cinema. Roy Andersson translates Camus' belief that "a novel is never anything more than a philosophy put into images" to the screen. This is a film about the small moments in a life that pass unnoticed by outsiders but are epic to those experiencing them. Andersson's deep empathy radiates from the frames.

2. (efe) ni's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

3. eberhard's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Ein kleines Universum im Papierkorb. Eine vergessene Zeitschleife.

4. tinderness's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Nicht einmal die wunderbaren dekadenten Stilleben, bzw. der finnisch anmutende Humor konnten mich bewegen, den Film zu Ende zu sehen. Die merkwürdige Endzeitwelt, die hier evoziert wird kann mich weder ästhetisch noch emotional engagieren. Der Film ist überwiegend langweilig, hat man sich erst an den Überraschungs- und Verfremdungseffekten sattgesehen.

5. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Dark humour, some comments on Christianity and organized money-making religion, lifted up with some interesting use of music editing.

6. Epinephrin's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

"You, the living" was my first Andersson. Very strange at first, but when you get familiar with his style you kinda like it. I liked "You the living" the second time I watched it. "SFTSF" is in the same style - grumpy old people, completely the opposite to the glamorous Hollywood. I liked the cold colours, atmosphere, the scenes and the ideas. A lot of sarcasm on our civilisation. Like.

7. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Reaching for the ludicrous-sublime through relentless chalk-faced banality is a curious, perverse thing to dedicate oneself to, but it's essentially the human project under capitalism (or any ideological system?) and Andersson depicts it all with a wearied (and sometimes wearying!) humanism. I don't know if he's an artist with the heart of an advertising man or vice versa - but, to be honest, same here! Droll horror.

8. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Il migliore della trilogia. Il più tosto emotivamente, e il più ricco di belle idee

9. lemonish5's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Andersson is probably a Great Director, and this may even be a Great Film, but I regret that it felt like a film to be admired more than enjoyed. His politics are assuring, maybe unimpeachable, but this lacked the vibrancy and humor I remember in You, The Living. It's extraordinarily executed, perfectly precise, but its bleakness is ultimately too constructed to be affecting. His style demands some degree of levity.

10. Aulia Indry's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Looks like another dimensioon but i thought it was us, the worst of us.

11. Alex Mitici's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

da și la sfârșit să sperie moartea da pă urmă tot vine că na așae moartea bv mey roy l a nebunit poezia auz

12. bojanj's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

some scenes are like an edward hopper painting come alive

13. FISCHER's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Oeuvre indéterminée, intemporelle et profondément perturbante qui fascine et trouble par la richesse de ses moult tableaux, au pessimiste souvent insondable... www.cinefiches.com

14. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

15. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

16. ceknklsn's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

71/100 (Yönetmenin You The Living ve A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence filmlerini üst üste 2 kere izleyecek şekilde sevmiştim. Zaten ikiside 9/10 verdiğim filmler. Gerçekten muazzamdılar. Ancak bu film Cannes'tan juri ödülü almasına rağmen onların bayağı bir gerisinde kalmış. O iki filme göre daha saçma bir konu, daha vasat diyaloglar ama daha sert göndermeler hakim. Yinede başarılıydı bu film.)

17. Azer Suat Tatlı's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

must watch- one of my favorites

18. Śākyamuni's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Più che un film apocalittico, è già oltre l'apocalisse, perché essa viene svuotata, catatonizzata, (di)scaricata. Zombie consapevoli di essere tali. La non-morte di un'umanità (in)termina(bi)le. Una marcia funebre circolare, quasi teatrale. Uno show spento in cui è presente un aspetto pragmatico del non-esserci, del non-essere. Geometria di una vita che non esplode, ma collassa in una profondità di campo disarmante.

19. klofter's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Extraordinary. Stunning. Warrants several viewings to really get all the intricacies, but the film grabs one at a visceral level and never lets go. A singular viewing experience, enjoyable and disturbing at the same time - but above all: a indelible piece of cinema.

20. LomasEastwood's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

I like strange surreal films, I love Buñuel and Jodorowski or films like "Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom" or "The Lobster", but I think "Songs from the Second Floor" is just a bore. There are a few great scenes, but it was really unappealing to me, not my style.

21. AVA's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Skurril,einfach,mit Tiefgang.

22. OrfgenT's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Großartig & intelligent, wie auch der Spätere "Eine Taube...". Einzigartiges Szenen-Arrangement & Bildaufbau - mal traurig, mal lustig, mal beängstigend. Ich liebe die Szenen mit Gesang in Anderssons Filmen!/Great & intelligent, as well as later "A pigeon...". Scene-arrangement & image-structure are unique - sometimes sadly, sometimes funnily, sometimes frightening. I love the scenes with singing in Anderssons films!

23. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

The movie is far from being perfect but some scenes are really haunting and deserve to stay in the annals of Movie History. Strongly recommended.

24. wiwitaek's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

It's the third times I watched Roy Andersson, every one of them is brilliant and his movies are deserve a lot more attention!

← Previous 1 3 4 5