1. Rice Dream Girl's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Andersson is probably a Great Director, and this may even be a Great Film, but I regret that it felt like a film to be admired more than enjoyed. His politics are assuring, maybe unimpeachable, but this lacked the vibrancy and humor I remember in You, The Living. It's extraordinarily executed, perfectly precise, but its bleakness is ultimately too constructed to be affecting. His style demands some degree of levity.

2. Aulia Indry's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Looks like another dimensioon but i thought it was us, the worst of us.

3. Alex Mitici's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

da și la sfârșit să sperie moartea da pă urmă tot vine că na așae moartea bv mey roy l a nebunit poezia auz

4. bojanj's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

some scenes are like an edward hopper painting come alive

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Oeuvre indéterminée, intemporelle et profondément perturbante qui fascine et trouble par la richesse de ses moult tableaux, au pessimiste souvent insondable... www.cinefiches.com

6. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

7. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

8. ceknklsn's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

71/100 (Yönetmenin You The Living ve A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence filmlerini üst üste 2 kere izleyecek şekilde sevmiştim. Zaten ikiside 9/10 verdiğim filmler. Gerçekten muazzamdılar. Ancak bu film Cannes'tan juri ödülü almasına rağmen onların bayağı bir gerisinde kalmış. O iki filme göre daha saçma bir konu, daha vasat diyaloglar ama daha sert göndermeler hakim. Yinede başarılıydı bu film.)

9. Azer Suat Tatlı's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

must watch- one of my favorites

10. Śākyamuni's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Più che un film apocalittico, è già oltre l'apocalisse, perché essa viene svuotata, catatonizzata, (di)scaricata. Zombie consapevoli di essere tali. La non-morte di un'umanità (in)termina(bi)le. Una marcia funebre circolare, quasi teatrale. Uno show spento in cui è presente un aspetto pragmatico del non-esserci, del non-essere. Geometria di una vita che non esplode, ma collassa in una profondità di campo disarmante.

11. klofter's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Extraordinary. Stunning. Warrants several viewings to really get all the intricacies, but the film grabs one at a visceral level and never lets go. A singular viewing experience, enjoyable and disturbing at the same time - but above all: a indelible piece of cinema.

12. LomasEastwood's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

I like strange surreal films, I love Buñuel and Jodorowski or films like "Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom" or "The Lobster", but I think "Songs from the Second Floor" is just a bore. There are a few great scenes, but it was really unappealing to me, not my style.

13. AVA's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Skurril,einfach,mit Tiefgang.

14. OrfgenT's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Großartig & intelligent, wie auch der Spätere "Eine Taube...". Einzigartiges Szenen-Arrangement & Bildaufbau - mal traurig, mal lustig, mal beängstigend. Ich liebe die Szenen mit Gesang in Anderssons Filmen!/Great & intelligent, as well as later "A pigeon...". Scene-arrangement & image-structure are unique - sometimes sadly, sometimes funnily, sometimes frightening. I love the scenes with singing in Anderssons films!

15. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

The movie is far from being perfect but some scenes are really haunting and deserve to stay in the annals of Movie History. Strongly recommended.

16. wiwitaek's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

It's the third times I watched Roy Andersson, every one of them is brilliant and his movies are deserve a lot more attention!

17. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

The best swedish film of the new millenium, easily. I think it may only be beat as the greatest Swedish film of all time by Fanny & Alexander.

18. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

19. B o g d a n's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

20. Egoisms's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Like Playtime it transcends and redefines cinema. A masterpiece.

21. lndah's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Somebody should have drawn a curve of nihilism just to know in what level does it incline to be a good laugh 'cause This is brilliant.

22. Sydney Burdick's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Directing style is unbelievably captivating!

23. Bernardo Crastes's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

Certainly more linear than, let's say, You the Living, but that doesn't make this movie more understandable than the former. Despite having truly transcendent moments, the desolate atmosphere is just too somber. There's not much comical or emotional relief, expected in such a surreal movie. Great stories, though.

24. Hollywood Overdose's rating of the film Songs from the Second Floor

The allegory of a kafkaesque world: people hitting themselves in the street (a mechanized society spreading suffer); a magician who can't entertain (a society which cannot distract); an airport filled with more luggage than people (materialism of wealth); a poetry man in the asylum (the silent of a world deprived from arts); and a man who blames fate surrounded by Jesus leaving his conscious in the purgatory.

← Previous 1 3 4