1. OFF_FRAME's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

STBY gets full marks for being bold and highly ambitious. Something is amiss in the tone though, which feels naive in the worker/protest/relationship setup that's further muddied by the cinematography and editing with several lifeless transitioning scenes. There's heavy nods to Gondry and plenty of Whiplash whip-pans but it all feels a bit timid and frivolous. 2.5 stars

2. Stefan Stefan's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

3. anarresti's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

Django in (really messed up) chains.

4. Stanislav Lukianov's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

references from Office Space and Dr. Moreau Island on reality of capitalism, funny, but poor style of script and directing

5. Lora's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

one of the most daring, original and hysterical film of the 2010's. truly one of the best films the year has offered so far. boots riley has a strong future ahead of him

6. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

6.9/10, “Boots Riley’s first sortie is a blistering mishmash of ideas, tropes and satires, slightly disorganized but invigorating nonetheless.” my full review - https://wp.me/p1eXom-3FE

7. saitosouta's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

Capul lui Lakeith Stanfield e mînjit cu sînge. Tricoul Tessei Thompson se spune "Viitor e ejaculare femeiească." Armie Hammer adulmecește cocaină mult. În atît de lume, un tînăr negru, care folosește "voce albă" și tintește spre un pavenit, e înghițit de către valul mareic al capitalismului! Incredibil! // ラキース・スタンフィールドの頭は血まみれ、テッサ・トンプソンのシャツには"未来は女の潮吹き"、アーミー・ハマーはコカイン吸いまくり。そんな世界で白人声を使い成り上がりを目指す黒人青年が資本主義の波に呑まれる!とんでもねェ!

8. smndvdcl's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

Allegorical absurdity at its finest.

9. manybits's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

10. Charolastra's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

An surreal introduction to Marx and Fanon for the Instagram generation, but I do not mind! We need more films like this and more importantly, more black/POC storytellers.

11. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

A satire about race and 21st century capitalism, and the funniest American comedy of the last decade, I’d say. Sorry to Bother You takes the current corporate reality ad absurdum, although apart from the far-out ending it isn’t very remote from the WorryFree world. In its morals the movie's as one-dimensional as satires have to be, but the world it creates is filled with details and references to make your head spin.

12. Ghostman's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

Sorry to Bother You is an incredible movie with some of the most biting satire and clear-cut social commentary in a mainstream American picture in years. I cannot write about the rest as it is too good to spoil and what results might be the best American film I've seen so far this year. A truly revolutionary work of comedy in every sense of the phrase.

13. Joseph Sylvers's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

The rap scene. The performance art scene. The scene through the crack. Classics. Reminded me of Cold Souls in its open Kaufman worship but Riley runs with it and makes it his own. I've done this job and been complimented on having effective white-voice, so the first half is barely satire. When the satire really kick's in the film warps a bit, but never loses it's original shape or intent. Oakland is having a moment.

14. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

A bit much yet not enough. Unsubtle metaphors make for a decent seasoning in this circus of a movie till the circus horses run wild and the film's acrobatic aspirations land in a safety net of creativity.

15. James Mackin's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

Loses points for being unsubtle, but one of the most interesting surreal comedies I've ever seen. I look forward to the work of Boots Riley with anticipation.

16. Scotch's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

Too bad all that creativity got buried in the brolosophizing about capitalism, and the downright sexist caricature of women and artists.

17. OLIVER-J's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

this is a wild and incredibly original film from Boots Riley (in a directorial debut!) very funny and timely, I was expecting something unique but this really goes to some strange places. the cast are all game. can't think of anything else quite like it. one of the best of the summer.

18. William R Clark's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

strong 3.5. Riley stuffs the film with ideas, not so much in an elaborate, overly-plotted way as an episodic one. Many modern comedies would limit the absurdism to a sprint. We should all celebrate that Riley sustains a genuine fever pitch reminiscent of older comedic forms. Some friends of mine think kids are better off reading Angela Davis, and Thompson gets the manic pixie treatment.

19. film_lies101's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

Boots is the director we now need

20. Jeff Heinzl's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

A film that Michel Gondry could never make, too busy with those white nostalgic fantasies that seemed like goldenrods. ‘Sorry to Bother You’ is a door unhinged, if you’re sure that door exists; it’s a mansion with many rooms, if in fact it's still there. Deeply cynical, the film elicits a kind of laugh-induced terror that moves according to a tempo that seems a little off bc the world where it lives flails endlessly.

21. Ethan's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

This is an extraordinary, original, hilarious, and at times a frightening film. Boots Riley delivers a magnificent picture that has a lot to say about the state of the world. It may be an alternate reality but it closely reflects that of our own.

22. Faysal Kadow's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

A wonderful premise spoiled by sloppy execution. It feels incomplete and the second half is very weak where everything goes downhill. but the film's strong point is the acting, everyone's performance here is done well and believable, but in the end the film's ambitions is held back by it's limited budget and underdeveloped vision.

23. Maxicello's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

I don't have anything to say here beyond that Diana DeBauchery is one of the most accurately written archetypes of corporate shitspew personality/behavior and soundbites I have had the pleasure to witness outside of a work environment and on the screen.

24. amandav's rating of the film Sorry to Bother You

tessa thompson marry me bitch! / the scene where squeeze twirls the sign around got me pregnant