1. Zach Closs's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

The editing and structure are tight, but "Sound of My Voice" has an unfortunate tendency to disappear into its own ass in the writing department. Marling is a terrific actress, but even she can't make what often feel like the pretentious, incoherent ramblings of a first year philosophy major compelling. The ol' infiltrator-coming-to-love-the-infiltrated trope is twice as annoying when the characters lack charisma.

2. Sara Sousa's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

A lot of clichés and a very disappointing ending. Which is too bad, because the premise is quite interesting.

3. Alcock Hitchfred's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

4. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

The sound of meh. I was hoping for the sci-fi cult to be true... but it felt like a good premise for Batmanglij and Marling's Netflix series, The OA.

5. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

A very California film, which could only ever have one of two outcomes. The cult leader stuff could have been less red-herring-y, though the Cranberries bit was achingly funny. The end was beautiful.

6. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

7. Dries's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

Brit marling è una garanzia, poi il titolo è troppo figo

8. Igor Ramos's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

Sooner or later Brit Marling could become the next Hollywood darling, she is undeniably captivating. The film didn't particularly kept me excited... but it was concise and nice to watch. Even if I saw that plot twist coming I still had no clue how things would unfold in the end. One or two scenes (puking the apple, eating the worms) were there for the shock-value but I liked the weirdness and psychological games.

9. spiderliliez's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

I watched this film with little expectation. When I finished, I realized how oddly good it was. It felt like a story you'd find in a short film. Shorts taught us how to enjoy any kind of weird-ass story without prejudice. That's what it felt like seeing this. Well, don't expect it to blow your minds out. What I can say is, that you'll be left wondering. And that's a good thing!

10. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

Marling's scripts generally spin surprisingly stark sci-fi stories into somewhat predictable ways, but her commitment to it makes it all worth it. I shouldn't have liked this as much as I did (I thought I would like The East or Another Earth better, but both of them had me somewhat disappointed).

11. illibelulle's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

12. Giles J Davis's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

I want to really champion Sound Of My Voice. Delicately dealing with ingrained victim complexes, SOMV makes you feel as sceptical as our protagonists as you trudge with them ever closer to impending doom. Dimly lit basements & soft furnishings add to the urban dread & leave you wondering how freely this type of emotional abuse goes on our own neighbourhoods. Sadly the ending gently lets you down with predictability.B

13. pietroz's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

14. Ash's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

Tricky, purposefully vague, and bizarre. Definitely worth a watch.

15. Aprilia Gunawan's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

16. Benji's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

17. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

Some flaws are undeniable and emerge right before your eyes, but this fact was balanced with a few good details, always mixed with the right amount of ambiguity to make you be tangled up in the plot. Full review: http://www.alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.pt/2012/10/sound-of-my-voice-2011.html

18. msmichel's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

Always fascinating tale about the allure of 'false prophets', cults and repressed personality. The sci-fi trappings of the story aren't really the point of the tale. Script by Batmanglij and Marling is aces with great performances by the three leads especially Nicole Vicius and 'Another World's Brit Marling. ...because you're a dream to me..dream to me....

19. salemsharp's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

I totally get why this film fails on so many levels, but the performances were strong, and i liked the concept, the ending was at first satisfactory but it really had too many loose ends to work out. Against my better judgement i kind of drank the kool-aid though. Brit Marling is wonderful by the way. And her white outfits throughout

20. this uncharming man's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

brit marling pens yet another embarrassingly shallow film that posits itself as the corniest attempts at philosophizing in the medium since fincher's 'fight club'. batmanglij has no sense of tension or depth; in a low budget film an understanding of atmosphere is tantamount, what we're given is nauseating musical cues and a central performance so wooden all sense of why people would be enticed by this person is lost.

21. --'s rating of the film Sound of My Voice

Marling is fascinating to watch, as are Denham and Vicius. These excellent performances are undercut by a hopelessly flawed screenplay riddled with plot holes, incomprehensible motivations, and dropped themes. (Sound also has the biggest dud of an ending in recent memory.) Cult scenes vary interestingly in tone, combining simmering menace, ridiculous scenarios (transmitter), and effective comic relief (Cranberries).

22. yulquen's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

Rejected American Apparel models try their very best at cognition.

23. seakat's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

Maggie really scared me, and I liked.

24. Ezgi M's rating of the film Sound of My Voice

The two twists in the plot were not enough to persuade the audience to believe or even to suspect the main story.