1. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Southcliffe

Though it loses some steam by the last episode, this is nonetheless a harrowing experience with some silently cathartic moments that makes it so fucking worth it.

2. Tom Cottey's rating of the film Southcliffe

Someone please, let Sean Durkin direct British TV drama more often!

3. bencor's rating of the film Southcliffe

Warp Films enters the airwaves, with parties responsible for Fear and Loathings script, count me in. Who Killed Stephen Morton? I spy, Gendry, the bastard of Robert Baratheon.

4. filmcapsule's rating of the film Southcliffe

I feel very conflicted about this. The subject is inherently harrowing and dramatic, and I think it's handled with delicacy and respect. In particular, I like the middle episodes that focus on acute portraits of grief. Too often, though, I felt missteps in characters' motivations and actions that took me out of the story, and I'm not sure I agree with its ultimate premise: "we should have seen the signs."

5. micah van hove's rating of the film Southcliffe

6. J. O.'s rating of the film Southcliffe

A powerful miniseries from the writer of the intense Red Riding trilogy. Unfortunately, this series begins much better than it ends. The first two chapters are alluring, beautiful, and haunting in their realism - but by the final episode, it feels like all steam has been lost. There are too many loose ends. While it may be an artistic choice instead of an oversight, it is just too frustrating.

7. MarcusArcus's rating of the film Southcliffe