1. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Soylent Green

A good slice of vintage sci-fi with themes that still resonate to this day. I really liked the narrative´s approach in not over explaining a lot stuff with is too common in sci fi. Both story telling and production design is quite ingenious but sometimes campy. Heston is effective but one-note in his role and I think the movie could have used an actor with more dimensions and vulnerability. Still a very solid movie.

2. Log Lady's rating of the film Soylent Green

Edward G. Robinson's touching last role and last scene on a movie ever is perhaps what, for me, briefly overshadowed everything else. Topical themes and scenarios (preachy sci-fi is tiring, but this isn't it) that might not be too far away, a fairly interesting mystery. Not great, but entertaining. Just make sure you won't get spoiled about the ending.

3. teler_thriller's rating of the film Soylent Green

The movie is pretty 'tame' compared with the sick-fuck ideas within it. But, I like it.

4. MistaRichard's rating of the film Soylent Green

Surprisingly current. Well shot, directed and written. A solid piece of 70s environmentalism whose main misgivings are its overindulgence of the main character (possibly brought about by Charlton Heston's star-status) and a less-than-perfect pace.

5. petit astronaute's rating of the film Soylent Green

(3.5 | Version restaurée 2K) Surtout Edward G. Robinson, incroyable dans le rôle de Sol Roth. Heston parfois veut se faire passer pour John Wayne. In a way, he's a cowboy.

6. luís debonoir's rating of the film Soylent Green

7. FISCHER's rating of the film Soylent Green

Sur le thème mythique de l'univers en proie à une surpopulation galopante, avec les problèmes alimentaires conséquents, un solide film de science-fiction. A noter une originale variation sur l'anthropophagie. Admirable et inquiétant au possible ! www.cinefiches.com

8. Mert Kaya's rating of the film Soylent Green

Even if "Soylent Green" feels dated a bit, and some actors were boring, its very well made. still feels modern with its own problems.

9. malachiesipucheala94's rating of the film Soylent Green

10. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film Soylent Green

11. wiwitaek's rating of the film Soylent Green

A whole movie about a villain

12. SpacePirate's rating of the film Soylent Green

Really good and possibly very real depiction of the future. The ending, if not spoiled by others, still packs a wallop.

13. Tlr Creme Org's rating of the film Soylent Green

14. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Soylent Green

1973, dir. RICHARD FLEISCHER - 7,5/10 (USA)

15. Dominic Simard-Jean's rating of the film Soylent Green

I disagree with anybody calling it dated or cheesy. I think this a near masterpiece. It's got a great balance of social message, melodrama and crime mystery with a stunning performance by Edward G. Robinson in its last role (his death is the films most memorable scene). My only problem with it is Heston, I think a Lee Marvin or a Steve McQueen would have given another dimension to this movie.

16. Siaudebert's rating of the film Soylent Green

17. Steve G.'s rating of the film Soylent Green

Charlton Heston strolls around stealing stuff, moaning at people and having odd conversations with Edward G. Robinson while getting increasingly sweatier as the running time plods on. It's just not very good at all.

18. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film Soylent Green

An enjoyable slice of cinematic dystopia even if it is all a bit dated. Soylent Green's concept of a overcrowded, under resourced world is a prescient and relevant one. The claustrophobic bleakness of a world in poverty is portrayed harrowingly, it's just a shame that story, & the secret at its heart, aren't more hard hitting. Heston is fine as the hero, gruff as ever, but Edward G. Robinson's euthanasia stand out.

19. radurosca's rating of the film Soylent Green

One of the most memorable films from my childhood

20. lance_vance's rating of the film Soylent Green

21. Jimmi HRS's rating of the film Soylent Green

A message that rings true over forty years later. I think a lot of the film was ruined for me as I knew what the big ending was going to be, none the less a good flick.

22. ara's rating of the film Soylent Green

watched this in environmental science hahahah

23. Eric Lachance's rating of the film Soylent Green

24. wmk's rating of the film Soylent Green

Just a few details of life in New York in 2022: The world is so crowded people might be sleeping on your fire escape. A pint of strawberries will cost over a hundred bucks. You'll have to ride an exercise bike for twenty minutes to power your one light bulb in your one room apartment. Hey—I've had Soylent Yellow and it's not bad, really. Don't knock it until you've tried it.