1. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Sparrows

I want to live and die in Iceland.

2. Sara Castro's rating of the film Sparrows

3. Rodrigo's rating of the film Sparrows

That brutal party sequence felt like it was from a different movie altogether and almost lost me, but it was tightly saved at the last minute. A pretty amazing way to incorporate cruelty into the formation of the character (and therefore avoiding being gratuitous).

4. Robert Burdock's rating of the film Sparrows

Having previously seen Rúnarsson’s harrowing Eldfjall, I know he’s not afraid to shy away from anything, and the same is true about Þrestir. But where Eldfjall focussed on life during the twilight years, Þrestir is coming-of-age in focus. Þrestir can be uncompromising and difficult to watch in parts, but even in unbearable moments there is a seam of something like hope running through, so not all doom and gloom.

5. Meriç Aksu's rating of the film Sparrows

6. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Sparrows

2.5. Banal and boring first part. And too bad i've already saw his shorts (namely 2 Birds), so no surprise for the big scene, worse it was "noooo, he wouldn't dare to do the exact same thing!!" for me :/

7. Raluca Popescu's rating of the film Sparrows

8. Alex's rating of the film Sparrows

9. Dries's rating of the film Sparrows

Non amo molto i coming of age, questo non fa eccezione anche se gli ultimi 10 minuti lo risollevano leggermente dalla mediocrità. 2,5

10. JNRARO's rating of the film Sparrows

Imprisoned by the high mountains surrounding a small rural town a young boy must face the abrupt loss of innocence.

11. Fabio Ornelas's rating of the film Sparrows

12. alix breda's rating of the film Sparrows

coming of age film that takes a very surprising and upsetting turn at the end. it kind of reminds me of louis malle.

13. msmichel's rating of the film Sparrows

FNC '15 Runarsson follows up the fine 'Volcano' with this interesting take on the 'coming of age' film novel for its setting in northwest Iceland. A teen is dumped by his mother in a nowhere rural setting to deal with his alcoholic father, a lack of friends and the extreme frustration of having no control over this relocation. Young Fjalarsson captures that angst/frustration very well in this strongly scripted work.