1. mahdis's rating of the film Speaking Parts

2. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Speaking Parts

One can't help but notice that many of the threads and reflexions of Egoyan's early films, sexual and spatial relations to the immaterial video format and its impact on our reality, were already explored and much more coherent in Cronenberg's Videodrome.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Speaking Parts

Surprenant, intelligent, mais hélas inédit en salles... www.cinefiches.com

4. Balthaz21's rating of the film Speaking Parts

5. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Speaking Parts

I remember thinking this film was like a visual representation of chronic migraine: a throbbing in the temples that won't go away.

6. msmichel's rating of the film Speaking Parts

In '89 Egoyan made his third feature; a feature that first put him on the world stage. 'Speaking Parts' after the fine 'Family Viewing' continued Egoyan's obsession with sexual desire, technology and the games people play. Casting was exceptional especially Gabrielle Rose as the scriptwriter. The film also began his long association with d.p. Paul Sarossy that bore fruit here. Cold; hypnotic; excellent.

7. Bongos615's rating of the film Speaking Parts

I love Exotica and The Sweet Hereafter, and like Calendar a lot. This, however, was the first time Egoyan's tics (repetition, stiltedness) felt grating to me. The film has a strong conceptual hook, but lacks strong characterization or narrative momentum.