1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Special Treatment

The normalization of prostitution by comparing it to therapy. It's just one of the biggest cliches out there. And it just gets hammered on and on. Ok, I get it. 'Pretty Woman' taught me that prostitutes are people too and are totally fine with no mental issues so you can marry them. I think the main appeal of this movie is for people is seeing Huppert dressed up. She could do a lot better in choosing her scripts.

2. El Biffo's rating of the film Special Treatment

Absolutely worth it just to see Isabelle dressed up in all sorts of fetish outfits: Japanese schoolgirl, 50's housewife etc., if you are a fan! I wish MUBI would change the screenshot to the one with her wearing a ballgag, that was my favorite. Huppert gets more and more beautiful as the years go by!

3. M****'s rating of the film Special Treatment

Surprisingly not really sexual. But slightly cliche.

4. fakebook (Tom)'s rating of the film Special Treatment

Surprisingly sweet. Isabelle Huppert is the best.

5. Ally the Manic Listmaker's rating of the film Special Treatment

I read a review which described the first 20 mins. as slow. I don't quite agree. Sure, they were nothing special. As a prostitute, Isabelle Huppert dressed up in many costumes and that perhaps was the only interesting thing about the beginning. However, as the story progressed, we got to see the emotions of the prostitute and the psychologist who comes to see her for his problems. That is when the movie takes off.