1. Gareth Jones's rating of the film Spellbound

An interesting look at American culture and the different tactics and strategies used by families and students hoping to win the National Spelling Bee. I'm glad I stuck this out as it got particularly exciting and nail biting towards the end as I wanted to find out who won. Surprisingly interesting.

2. P Teddy Sawyer's rating of the film Spellbound

a heart warming soujourn in a more kindly place.

3. Ollie's rating of the film Spellbound

Masterful editing is what makes 'Spellbound' an entertaining watch, as well as the entertaining personalities of the contestants and parents involved. Unfortunately, the film looks slightly dated now and could be improved with more interesting graphics and a less repetitive score.

4. Superfrog's rating of the film Spellbound

Not the best documentary in the world, very slow but manages to cover an impossible to cover subject while staying interesting enough, not over decorating and showing different bits of US in the process. The expression of nationalism is on stunning in this film: nowhere but in the US seems to be the most collon phrase

5. Katherine Lo's rating of the film Spellbound

such a cute and endearing film - love the old school documentary style of filming

6. sizelando's rating of the film Spellbound

Compelling enough, if slightly reductive.

7. raggiodisole's rating of the film Spellbound

Kinda cute, gently handled, inoffensive and respectful of the subjects

8. jamesathorne's rating of the film Spellbound

I hate spelling. And why is there an excessive amountof cameras for a national spelling competition - you wouldn't see that at the national conkers showdown in the UK... Great documentary though - fascinating insight into different ways of parenting the 'performing' or 'competitive' child.

9. DanB3000's rating of the film Spellbound

A sweet film about kids engaging in a totally pointless activity. Worth watching, especially for the 'Darjeeling' moment

10. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Spellbound

Endearing kids spelling some pleasing sounding words in a leisurely paced documentary.

11. David Maiden's rating of the film Spellbound

As someone who loves documentaries about quirky subjects, this just felt disappointingly flat

12. PL Racine's rating of the film Spellbound

Linked letters form words. Words link community together.

13. John Burgess's rating of the film Spellbound

An extraordinary and delightful film. I am sure there will be many cynics who would be critical of this shameless take on the all-American dream, but I loved it. This really did show what was good about the American way of life: hard work and dedication in open, classless competition yielding results. I loved the support from the parents. Compare this with the hostile world of the child beauty pageant!

14. deathcabdan's rating of the film Spellbound

15. Elizabeth Read's rating of the film Spellbound

A beautiful and honest portrait of America. The girl from Texas and the girl from Washington D.C. made me cry. I wish the best for all these brilliant children.

16. themroc's rating of the film Spellbound

Sentimental portrait of a dubious institution. Too many characters means you get snapshots rather than any meaningful portraits.

17. PFL's rating of the film Spellbound

A diverting and solidly-made (if unspectacular) documentary.

18. ChrisChinnery's rating of the film Spellbound

Delightful take on the American dream.

19. Bandeira's rating of the film Spellbound

It's good to be a parrot

20. kris's rating of the film Spellbound

21. Rebecca aka the big boss man's rating of the film Spellbound

sweet, aspirational and full of delightful characters.

22. chazell's rating of the film Spellbound

23. amysimpson's rating of the film Spellbound

24. Nicholas Tinsley's rating of the film Spellbound

That's a picture from Bee Season.