1. Elephants_Gerald's rating of the film Spinning Plates

This movie aligns uncannily with my life: I was born and raised in Tucson, went to college in Iowa, and currently live in Chicago. As a film, it tended toward the emotionally manipulative at times, but that didn't stop me from crying during Gabby's sequences. Overall it's a wonderful statement on what it takes to give your life to a community, and what kind of toll that can take as well.

2. rameil's rating of the film Spinning Plates

3. msmichel's rating of the film Spinning Plates

One of the rare food docs that actually provides an emotional core to its storytelling and prompts a warm response from the viewer. The choice to span its look over three very different restaurants and slowly discover the inert similarities to a life in food preparation was a very astute one. The film has a lot of heart and slowly overcomes the food poisoning of this overused sub-genre....and my that fried chicken..

4. takaran's rating of the film Spinning Plates

Interesting stories if you aren't familiar with them already, but Levy could have done with way more creativity in the storytelling... 3 restaurant angles wrapped in a conventional doc format. Sometimes very engaging, sometimes patronising.