1. marcabranca's rating of the film Splendor in the Grass

4.5, i only find that in some later scenes it strays from the theme of desire, which takes away some of its strength and makes it a little unfocused. the bathtub meltdown scene is glorious, and made my feminist self very angry- in the best way possible

2. amariliz's rating of the film Splendor in the Grass

the melancholy of adulthood. deep one

3. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Splendor in the Grass

A little overheated but still compelling. It's fun to watch all the talent but it needed a stronger actress at the center. Natalie Wood does not go deep.

4. Erik F.'s rating of the film Splendor in the Grass

5. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Splendor in the Grass

I didn't expect this to be as smart as it is, one of the best portrayals of depression — the financial kind too — I've ever seen on screen. Obviously anchored by Natalie Wood, but Inge's screenplay shows the horrors of repression, of crumbling health in the face of societal pressure. If we do what our parents tell us to do for too long, we'll all end up dead.

6. henr.que's rating of the film Splendor in the Grass

7. FISCHER's rating of the film Splendor in the Grass

Cette merveilleuse histoire d'un amour impossible, entre la fuite du temps et la pression sociale et parentale, reste un incomparable et inoubliable moment de cinéma dont on retiendra aussi l'excellence et la pertinence de l'interprétation de l'ensemble des acteurs principaux mais aussi, il faut le noter, secondaires... www.cinefiches.com

8. ionu's rating of the film Splendor in the Grass

9. Mert Kaya's rating of the film Splendor in the Grass

well made, of course feels dated.

10. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Splendor in the Grass

11. SpacePirate's rating of the film Splendor in the Grass

Another masterstroke by Kazan. Wood gives a career defining performance here, and Beatty shines in his debut. All the accolades have already been said over and over about this one, but damn if they arent all correct. Beyond essential. A great film by one of the true auteurs of cinema.

12. truffraud's rating of the film Splendor in the Grass

13. nessa's rating of the film Splendor in the Grass

14. Aardsy's rating of the film Splendor in the Grass

Not having sex AND having it ruins lives.

15. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Splendor in the Grass

16. Nicole Richie's rating of the film Splendor in the Grass

I was so heartbroken by this, isn't it wonderful? Could be an essay on gender roles and it exposes quite well the pressure imposed on women nowadays, oh excuse me, in the 20s. my mistake.

17. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film Splendor in the Grass

The first "basic bitch and basic bro" love story! Oh well. As usual, Kazan brings a level of honesty to this innocent story and isn't afraid to go to dark places. I admire how he focused more on Natalie Wood, although one could argue all sorts of "Oh, what is she without her man?!" feminist stuff. I do never get over these kinds of endings though. Also, Beatty is the most inarticulate actor since James Dean.

18. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Splendor in the Grass

19. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film Splendor in the Grass

too many expectations - 3 stars // RE-RATING 2018 5 stars, I always remember Wood's screams and the wet dress, absolutely remarkable

20. Laura Isachenko's rating of the film Splendor in the Grass

Absolutely pure, beauty itself. Even though one would hardly recognize masterpiece in relationship between common people of Kansas, still magnificence could be found in the glory of youth so greatly captured in this film. Fake morality of those years keeps naive and whimsical Deanie away from Bud. She was just afraid of being spoiled.

21. Eric Sherwood's rating of the film Splendor in the Grass