1. Phil Worfel's rating of the film Splice

The ambition is admirable but it's so chock full of ridiculousness dressed to look respectable that it ends up being a failure on most counts.

2. Laura De Noves's rating of the film Splice

An interesting twist on what you originally expect; the very fact of unoriginality is the backbone to this film. It toes the line of the genetic experiment / horror / thriller genre, but occasionally takes massive lunges into uncomfortable subconscious territory on either side...

3. pedromrocha's rating of the film Splice

4. chad bentley's rating of the film Splice

It was entertaining and creepy with SOME original ideas but I'll second the Species connection and throw a thanks out to Jurassic Park for the plot twist. It also made me think of Junior at times...haha. Wait a sec...could this be the greatest combination of all time??

5. Manuel Bernardo's rating of the film Splice

If people weren't so prudish about the "weird scene" and actually paid attention to the plot they would see it is perfectly consistent. We have a tendency to anthropomorphize nature, particulary when we don't understand it, and on occasion that has dire results, as it did to the characters. I'll agree the story isn't brilliance itself, but it remains interesting enough (until the third act or so) to merit attention.

6. Jose Sarmiento Hinojosa's rating of the film Splice

Worst piece of crap ever. Over ridiculous in some minutes (the guy fucking the hybrid, wtf?) and plain ridiculous in the rest. 100 minutes of my life lost.

7. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Splice

A refreshingly original sci-fi/horror film that focuses on unsettling ideas and characters rather than just slick visuals and special effects, though it also does an excellent job at those too. Strong performances and an intriguing, original story - it'd be nice to see Hollywood turn out more genre films like this.

8. mcnail's rating of the film Splice

9. Direction's rating of the film Splice

"Splice" was so disturbing at times but evoked an edge of your seat experience at the weirdness, beauty, and sometimes disgusting elements of it all. I enjoyed the film mostly just be prepared for some insane, deep, human and inhuman content.

10. FailedImitator's rating of the film Splice

The first two-thirds was great, but the ending was quite disappointing. Still, I enjoyed it a lot.

11. Minousch's rating of the film Splice

The end is quite disappointing, would like to give 3/1/2 stars.

12. Diogo Baldaia's rating of the film Splice

13. remote-viewer's rating of the film Splice

Not too bad. It seemed a bit confused about whether it wanted to be creepy or campy—not to mention cute or repulsive—and it felt like an extended X-Files episode at times (particularly during the third act), but its Cronenberg-esque themes of body horror and vaguely post-human outlandishness kept me interested. Not quite a winner, though certainly worthwhile (if you enjoy sci-fi in this vein).

14. Valu2009's rating of the film Splice

Another nice shot from Vincenzo Natali - now I am REALLY curious about his adaptation of Ballard's High Rise (I love the book) - where important questions about ethic are raised: the thriller/horror part works fine, but there's also a lot more.

15. delbertgrady's rating of the film Splice

What Avatar should have been....although the ending was straight out of a TV movie

16. Raymer's rating of the film Splice

Genuinely disturbing in a way that most horror films aren't these days. This one had the audience audibly disturbed in multiple scenes. I wasn't surprised when it flew out of theatres after it's opening week (although I am in North Carolina...). The ending for me didn't quite pull through, but still, this is the kind of boundary-pushing stuff that mainstream horror typically doesn't touch.

17. ryan's rating of the film Splice

Every wrong decision that can be made is taken by the world's most irresponsible scientists. If you can accept that, the movie is tense and enjoyable. And very wrong.

18. Ouibonjour's rating of the film Splice

Sick, horrible monster movie. Great for all the idiots who miss Avatar!

19. Joseph Sylvers's rating of the film Splice

Haven't had this much fun listening to an audience awkwardly react to sexual tension since "A History Of Voilence". There should be a special prize for this kind of thing. We could call it the "Cronenberg Award". Brody running out of the barn to the car (with muted dialog) had me splitting my sides.

20. Seth Farmer's rating of the film Splice

Not too bad, really, but I don't think the story warranted an R rating. Could have been told just as well with a PG-13, and that limitation would have probably resulted in more creative choices. The wardrobe did in fact suck, though.

21. Berjuan's rating of the film Splice

This is one of the most relevant (scientifically and ethically) movies I've seen in a while.

22. Rod Lebowski's rating of the film Splice

Come on, people. This is partly (but to a very noticeable degree) a dark comedy. Sure, there are serious morality issues at work, but I doubt anyone meant for this wackfest to be watched with a straight face. Kind of awesome, actually, though the tacked-on monster-movie action climax was kind of a let-down. Then again, third acts are usually Natali's Achilles' heel. The denouement is anything but a cop-out, however.

23. H. K. ‡'s rating of the film Splice

Dysfunctional family drama in the guise of a horror movie has outstanding special effects, some genuine scares and good points, but too many unintentionally funny moments mute the overall impact. Still, it's one of the most imaginative horror films to come out in recent years and a mostly enjoyable experience.

24. ryan scott's rating of the film Splice

Definitely reminded me of Cronenberg at points. Cronenberg, and that movie "May", at least in tone.