1. Tyler Aikens's rating of the film Splice

Awful awful movie. Not realistic or plausible enough to be scary. Not witty enough to be truly funny (unless you place this under the so-bad-it's-good category).

2. NEONBEAR's rating of the film Splice

Wasn't what I was expecting at all. So much of this is influenced by Cronenberg and it does it all well. At first I came out really enjoying it but I've thought about it more and more after seeing it and I just love it.

3. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Splice

Think of Splice as the unofficial sequel to David Cronenberg's "Crimes of the Future". So, in a sense, it's the best film Cronenberg never made. It's also what Sony EyePet for the PS3 will look like in 10-15 years.

4. Tom Jones's rating of the film Splice

Every year a select few films are released that invoke very strong reactions from their audiences. There is often no middle ground with these films. These films illicit one of two reactions “love it” or “hate it.” (Read more at http://bit.ly/aaX06R)

5. Ademption's rating of the film Splice

First half: an extended metaphor for family. Second half: Electra, then Oedipus.

6. davandwar's rating of the film Splice

The beginning was nothing special and a bit too safe, but the film developed into something quite unabashed, innovative and adventurous! It is interesting to pay attention to gender parallels and role reversals (both obvious and subtle) between Clive, Elsa, their creations, and even Barlow and Chorot.

7. wanderingimage's rating of the film Splice

I have a lady friend who was deeply disturbed and offended by the "rape" aspect of this movie in its last act. She feels it was used as a prop merely for shock value. I'm wondering why it didn't bother me as much here as it did in films like IRREVERSIBLE and MONSTER. Maybe It's because I thought it was presented in far too an outrageous way to be truly transgressive? Any thoughts?

8. KalebEdwardWilliams's rating of the film Splice

This film is the most worthy Frankenstein film since May, and probably the best since Bride of Frankenstein.

9. Bruno Teixidor's rating of the film Splice

Certainly not the best Natali movie, but still has shocking and emotive moments, and his twisted sense of humour. A must see for fans of the genre.

10. Pouya G. Asadi's rating of the film Splice

11. john L's rating of the film Splice

this is quite possibly the worst film of 2010. but it has a sole redeeming point from a sundance q&a: person: Why did you [Adrien Brody] agree to be in this? Brody: I wasn't really into the film until I got to the part where I [spoiler] in the barn. I was sold on the notion of that.

12. Brandon Isaacson's rating of the film Splice

Johnny D, it is not a genre film. Why does it have to fit into one of those genre's? It's something different. This is a new type of horror / film (genre?). The horror isn't in the events necessarily but how truly believable they are. When Brody had "that moment" with Dren it felt right as it happened as much as we knew it was wrong. The horror was intellectual not physical.

13. KAIJA EIGHTY's rating of the film Splice

the emotions that developed from the main characters was super choppy. interesting concept. could've been executed better.

1 2 4 Next →