1. Enrico Benarivo's rating of the film Spotlight

2. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Spotlight

One of the many cinematically forgettable Oscar winners. An important story that needed to be told, but that doesn't change the fact that you could watch this with your eyes closed and not miss a thing.

3. mpho3's rating of the film Spotlight

A damned dirty business. By which I mean the priesthood, not journalism, though it too has its moments.

4. Mr.Rager's rating of the film Spotlight

Church as an institution makes me sick very often but i got my own relationship with God. And watching this movie i tried enough to distant myself from the sensitive issues and to look close on what it means journalism in pure form. Those dedicated people won the 2003 Pulitzer Prize in Public Service for the Spotlight reportin team's articles on the church sex abuse cover-up. The cast was very well assambled. 8.5/10

5. dionysus67's rating of the film Spotlight

Cinematically it may lack -as is the case wth the Hollywood canon- stylistic innovation. Yet in terms of the benchmark it sets for itself it delivers a nicely scripted story based on actual events and manages to dive into the abyss of child sexual abuse without maudlin or didactic intentions. With a great Ketaon the acting of the entire ensemble is up to the task in this film of interiors (spatial and psychological).

6. Masoud Einabadi's rating of the film Spotlight

7. Ameille's rating of the film Spotlight

8. Lea's rating of the film Spotlight

3,5 - Histoire troublante, film bien réalisé

9. Chevalier de Pas's rating of the film Spotlight

For years I didn't want to watch it, but damn it it's good.

10. alfredodimalo's rating of the film Spotlight

11. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Spotlight

it's fine but there's nothing that adapting it into film in such a no-frills way really adds to the material. The Keepers covers lots of similar ground in a much more harrowing, engaging manner

12. Eingya's rating of the film Spotlight

While I have my issues with the general aesthetics of Spotlight, that often looks and sounds more like a TV show than a film, the script is so slick and tight that that almost doesn't matter. A well-oiled machine telling an important story in a competent and engaging way, through compelling fast-talk dialogue and some excellent, albeit sometimes scenery chewing, performances.

13. sabrina's rating of the film Spotlight

This was ok. I liked the inclusion of bad lighting though.

14. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Spotlight

15. Sơn Phước's rating of the film Spotlight

Interesting topic but can't keep my attention, even with Rachel McAdams.

16. lbunuel's rating of the film Spotlight

The characters - a bunch of papercut figures - do nothing else but delivering information on the case against the church, and their moral center - Mark Ruffallo - does nothing but the "good man's horrified expression in face of unnamable evil" for the whole length of this waste of time.

17. raquel_ag's rating of the film Spotlight

Enredo: ★★★★★ Cinematografia: ★★★★ Tom: ★★★★ Música e Som: ★★★★ Representação: ★★★★★

18. captainfez's rating of the film Spotlight

19. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film Spotlight

Quite low-key and formulaic, yet gripping because of the gravity of the story unfolding, exposing the sins of institutionalized religion (yet not disrespecting faith itself). Would have been stronger if it engaged the psychology of the perpetrators more (for example, the molester who was raped interviewed by Sasha, was not really followed-up on).

20. saltkin's rating of the film Spotlight

mccarthy's fond of telling his audience what we've already noticed (the zoom into a victim's track marks and dialogue pointing out setting come to mind). in spite of some of his hackneyed techniques, this is a solid movie about an important subject (2.5)

21. Aurora's rating of the film Spotlight

Michael Keaton such a terrible acting. Omg

22. Madeleine Davis's rating of the film Spotlight

it doesn't have to sparkle to be great cinema

23. Carambotti's rating of the film Spotlight

Heavy, heavy. Methodical storyline pulls back the veil on a creepy institution protecting its own. Really interesting to see how a newspaper builds a case for the story, and the moral fiber needed to go after the big ones.

24. camille demers-lambert's rating of the film Spotlight