1. lauramboria@utexas.edu's rating of the film Springtime in a Small Town

2. caitlin.f's rating of the film Springtime in a Small Town

3. David R Williams's rating of the film Springtime in a Small Town

What a beautiful and touching film. Echoes of "The Postman Always Rings Twice" only without the sordid noir elements. Explores the bonds of friendship, the reality and illusions of love and desire, the differences between what we have and what we believe we want and could\should have had and what happens when we realize how very wrong we are.

4. Rice Dream Girl's rating of the film Springtime in a Small Town

Springtime in a Small Town reveals itself like a painting. With its artful (and artfully subtle) cinematography, Springtime treats matters of the heart with an appropriately quiet gravity.

5. G.'s rating of the film Springtime in a Small Town

Cute, at best; sentimental by turns; juvenile, at worst: the Chinese concept of romance is so fluorescently sterile... cinematography held it up and together.

6. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Springtime in a Small Town

There are no boring movies. There are movies that people fail to appreciate. Of course, not every movie is made with you in mind. As most people have mentioned, the movie starts off slow. There are these people with their repressed emotions, and they're all like time-bombs waiting to go off. Great acting and cinematography.

7. Chris Gillespie's rating of the film Springtime in a Small Town

The photography is amazing in this film. I now appreciate the poetic and beautiful style of Mark Lee Ping-Bin after watching The Assassin, Millennium Mambo, and this film. Remarkable.

8. David Richards's rating of the film Springtime in a Small Town

Slow-paced but tense drama... well done. The interior of the spacious old house was an interesting contrast to the ruins outside, damaged by the recent war. The outcome was either hopeful or tragic.

9. xuxuxush's rating of the film Springtime in a Small Town

Superb cinematography by Lee Ping Bing. The deliberateness of Tian's script and direction made it feel more like a play than a film. Beckett and Ibsen came to mind. Every movement, every utterance, weighed heavy. Ran about twenty minutes too long though.

10. Lorna Singh's rating of the film Springtime in a Small Town

One hardly notices the slow pace of this film with only 5 characters. A tribute to the acting, directing and cinematography. Si Si Lu ( as the young sister) is a joy in all her scenes.

11. Zhuliya's rating of the film Springtime in a Small Town

a very intense remake for a great classic.

12. chanandre's rating of the film Springtime in a Small Town

[Cinémathèque PT #329: 35 mm]

13. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film Springtime in a Small Town

Possibly the greatest remake I've ever seen. If it wasn't for my personal attachment towards the original (and its impossible/unreachable standard for any film to reach) I'd have rated this one higher.

14. Christopher Roney's rating of the film Springtime in a Small Town

I never saw the original but i think this is a great film. The story is well placed, it moves slowly but deliberately.

15. AmiDeadYet's rating of the film Springtime in a Small Town