1. bitterMoo's rating of the film St. Elmo's Fire

2. Terri Wise's rating of the film St. Elmo's Fire

Everybody in this feels fake to me, but I should give it another try.

3. MarianneRenoir's rating of the film St. Elmo's Fire

4. Adam Whybray's rating of the film St. Elmo's Fire

"What a night, we all drive into town/ Where we'll park our cars, and meet the rest of our friends/ At a place that's called, I forget what it's called/ But it's really great, and all our friends will be there" (Sparks, 'Popularity')

5. Ale/M's rating of the film St. Elmo's Fire

6. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film St. Elmo's Fire

bit long but loved mcarthy !!!

7. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film St. Elmo's Fire

Quite a mess and it doesn't do a good job hitting on its theme of college graduates being graduated. It honestly could've been set in high school or middle school and it would've been (almost) the same exact thing. I mean, it's pretty obvious Joel Schumacher's the director.

8. Polly Dee's rating of the film St. Elmo's Fire

9. DaisyJ's rating of the film St. Elmo's Fire

I'm a fan of the Brat Pack and tried to see all of their movies. St. Elmo's Fire is not as good as I hoped it will be. Overly dramatic and the characters are not that sympathetic. But it's great to see these Brat Packers in one movie.

10. Wasunan T's rating of the film St. Elmo's Fire

super cheesy but that makes it funny

11. claudiaaraujo's rating of the film St. Elmo's Fire

12. NiteFlight9's rating of the film St. Elmo's Fire

Demi Moore plays one of the most over-the-top characters ever, either croaking about her dying "step-monster" in every scene, or saying some of the most asinine things not even the most moronic Real Housewife would say. It was hard to take anything in this film seriously. Andrew McCarthy was pretty good though.

13. MS1915's rating of the film St. Elmo's Fire

After seeing the "Breakfast Club" I was anxious to see more from the era and from the brat-pack. When I stumbled upon this I was happy to be greeted by the "pack" once again, but sadly in much less than what the "Breakfast Club' was. The flow of the story was messy and it was hard to be drawn to any one character's side in the battle for independence. Good reunion, but sad entry into the pack's collection.

14. Jessica McFarland's rating of the film St. Elmo's Fire

A great movie! What happens to "Breakfast Club" archetypes when they graduate and have to get real jobs? How do you move ahead in a life that sometimes seems terrifying in it's uncertainty? Terrific cast and some very real moments. Plus a lot of 80's polish, like Rob Lowe's super sweet saxophone solo. I feel like this is one of the decade's overlooked gems.

15. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film St. Elmo's Fire

Not a good movie, but an entertaining one, and it bears noting that Kevin is me. Just straight up me. Joel Schumacher went to the future and tracked my life and was like "I want to make this guy a character in a movie, which I will go back to the '80s to make," and then he did that. Seems like a convoluted way to write a character but we cannot attempt to comprehend the workings of the mind behind "Batman and Robin."

16. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film St. Elmo's Fire

great movie about real friendship & i'm fascinated that music was very often topic in movies from the 80s !!!

17. olivia marion's rating of the film St. Elmo's Fire

This was one violent storm of "MEH" for me.

18. Jack Hemingway's rating of the film St. Elmo's Fire

I get the feeling I was SUPPOSED to hate most of the characters in the movie. Hm. The ending was bullshit, someone should have died.

19. Yashoda's rating of the film St. Elmo's Fire

This movie has no excuse for being as terrible as it was.

20. Kenji's rating of the film St. Elmo's Fire

Very poor. John Parr, who had a big hit with the title song, physically hurt my wife soon afterwards when escaping from a crowd of screaming girls