1. OcioActivo's rating of the film St. Nick

As interesting the idea to film children and their POV is, St. Nick may not be entirely successful in either lending scope, or entertaining, or fully satisfying you in a complete way. I shall not blame the film for trying and surprisingly coming up with good child actors and steady cam work.

2. muse_x's rating of the film St. Nick

A most poignant tale of a pair of siblings on the lam, lacking context; reminiscent of "Badlands", "The 400 Blows" & "Vagabond".

3. David R Williams's rating of the film St. Nick

It is films like this that have resurrected my passion for film-making and given me hope that independent film is alive and well. Throughout Lowery weaves a dream-like trance-like story that lulls us into a near fugue state. When the home-owner appears the dream is broken and till the end we want to go back...and finally do. Some of the most hauntingly beautiful images I have seen in years.

4. dudewiththeface's rating of the film St. Nick

I'm all for slow burn but this just meanders without a care in the world, encouraging more and more disconnect.

5. Wee Hunk's rating of the film St. Nick

This is one of those movies with a simple framework with deeper meanings going on. The problem is that those deeper meanings were a little too well hidden.

6. RandyS's rating of the film St. Nick

A beautiful looking film, driven primarily by visuals in a Hitchcockian sense. This felt to me somewhat like Badlands meets The 400 Blows. This isn't as strong as a film as Ain't Them Bodies Saints, but it shows a film maker with style and a knack for visuals who will go on to make bigger and better things.

7. Zac Weber's rating of the film St. Nick

I could not help but feel immensely bored the entire time. The visuals are nice, but nothing notable. Lowery's use of extreme close-ups felt intrusive rather than revelatory. The sound design is exceptional, and you can see the kernel from which Ain't Them Bodies Saints sprouted.

8. El Biffo's rating of the film St. Nick

I love films about kids but there isn't much happening here on any level. Might be satisfying for those who romanticize abandoned houses in Texas.

9. msmichel's rating of the film St. Nick

Strong visual picture from David Lowery hinting at the expressiveness that would arrive with the recent 'Ain't Them Bodies Saints'. Two young siblings, on the run from home for unknown reasons, struggle to survive in a ragtag, scrapping by existence. The film may be trying to make comment on the resilience/determination of children to survive in challenging circumstances or the power of sibling love but falls short.

10. Jack Duckworth's rating of the film St. Nick

haunting and ominous collection of moments and myths. visually impressive but auditory amazing, exaggerated metallic groans and trains passing in the distance like whales. beautiful.

11. albertofarina's rating of the film St. Nick

Two little siblings do what they can to survive on their own after leaving their home for reasons left unexplained. Reticent, enigmatic and barely dialogued poem about solitude and the unspoken sense of impending doom that comes with life itself. Athough the kids are nothing short of perfect in acting as if no camera was around, film gets too self-conscious to sustain its own, admittedly eerie, atmosphere.

12. itstheresomewhere's rating of the film St. Nick

anyone know where I can see this?

13. micah van hove's rating of the film St. Nick

Does anyone know where this can be found / viewed?