1. Amrit Rukhaiyaar's rating of the film Stabat Mater

The contrast between the open landscape and the caged occupants of a hotel was brilliantly portrayed. The frames were smartly put together to give a sense of discomfort as if a sinister vibe is encircling the people, but the presence of technology resulting in the absolute lack of communication is what comes off as the real tragedy. Families eating together yet so alone and broken is what Stabat Mater dealt with.

2. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Stabat Mater

Early Resnais-ian. Ponderous. Not very engaging for me.

3. jayshukla12's rating of the film Stabat Mater

The story is profound and centers around the man who lost his son.He narrates his grief through series of events.The film revolves around handful of locations which has no relevance whatsoever.But that's not what it conveys. The Irony is,You know the story but you don't what and how it all happened just like the man who narrates.

4. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Stabat Mater

The film is strange, exceedingly so. Filled with existential dismay the film narrates over mundane scenes of hotel guests. "Action" does not occur in this short film. The narration is wry and witty as it portrays a surreal series of events. It is classic absurdism at its finest, from the country that knows it best. It has very good touches, but ultimately does not find a point.

5. Charlie's rating of the film Stabat Mater

Maravilloso. Aunque al parecer la narración no está muy relacionada con las imágenes de lo que sucede en el hotel, me encantó. El final me dejó sin palabras, con un nudo en la garganta.

6. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Stabat Mater

7. Corey's rating of the film Stabat Mater

Fun, intriguing short film. Kind of reminded me of Maya Deren. The v/o narration didn't seem to have much to do with the images. But it worked in a mysterious way.

8. David R Williams's rating of the film Stabat Mater

The sort of heavily influenced art film you tend to find in short film fests. Striking images and oblique narration. I'm usually a sucker for this sort of thing but I found the landscape shots - while clearly beautiful - poorly represented and overused. I longed for a single shot of the farm house, the rain or the witch child. Possibly the denial of said images the director's way of fucking with me. But it felt lazy.

9. fearraigh's rating of the film Stabat Mater

A short film that resonates enormously and one I wanted to rewatch almost immediately, so pregnant was it with mystery and elusive meaning. The voiceover that is at several removes from the images recalls Miguel Gomes' Tabu and also W.G. Sebald and just listening to it alone is a beguiling balm. One of the greatest shorts I've seen in the past couple of years.

10. captainfez's rating of the film Stabat Mater

I wouldn't want to talk to those kids either.

11. Paul Rot's rating of the film Stabat Mater

12. lou.'s rating of the film Stabat Mater

This is not immediately understandable, but I just let the beautiful, quiet imagery and cinematography lead me through a mysterious story, voice-off told. At the end, this short-film left me in a strange, peaceful mood.

13. OrfgenT's rating of the film Stabat Mater

Ein hervorragender Film der Kontraste und Ähnlichkeiten diffundieren lässt. Wann ist ein Raum verlassen, warum wird er es, wann ist er es? Wie Verhalten sich Raum und Mensch und Menschen innerhalb des Raumes zueinander? / An excellent film of contrasts and resemblances. When is a space left, why and when? How behave space and person to each other?

14. Arnoud van Aalst's rating of the film Stabat Mater

Beautiful cinematography indeed. The quality improves when you turn off the sound.

15. Chichago_'s rating of the film Stabat Mater

Beautiful cinematography, especially the landscape scenes.

16. mike's rating of the film Stabat Mater

17. weinbrandbabsi's rating of the film Stabat Mater

18. David Richards's rating of the film Stabat Mater

The images of contrasting interior and exterior shots, music and voice-over narration, all fit together well. They are unconnected and connected at the same time. Interesting, not over-long and visually strong.

19. Nan Bauer's rating of the film Stabat Mater

I've been in hotels like this, where guests seemed so disconnected to the environment and each other. Juxtaposing the enigmatic story—which twists through drought, a witch, a storm, and a goodbye—with the tranquil images of the sea and the silent hotel guests results in a sort of secular meditation on whatever you want it to be about. The choice of music is strange, but its interspersed nicely with quiet.

20. Bruno Soldani's rating of the film Stabat Mater

Boring no substance experimental short. It didn't get me

21. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Stabat Mater

Another avant-garde short film with little to no meaning for me. Not sure how to review a short that has no discernible story or meaning. Just a series of statements and random filming of people milling about. Some talent behind the camera, but not put to good use. I guess this is art to some. Not to me. Just a waste of time.

22. Patrick Kelly's rating of the film Stabat Mater