1. Balthaz21's rating of the film Stage Door

2. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Stage Door

Have you gathered here to mourn or are you here to bring me comfort?

3. Caitlin's rating of the film Stage Door

"It takes more than greasepaint and footlights to make an actress. It takes heartbreak as well."

4. Aardsy's rating of the film Stage Door

Young actresses are fueled by sass.

5. Cartaphilus's rating of the film Stage Door

Why we can't have more powerful roles like these nowadays?

6. Neither/Nor's rating of the film Stage Door

A whirlwind of wit and pithy insults, the kind of entertainment that actually entertains.

7. C's rating of the film Stage Door

Beautiful, smart, fun, funny, glamourous, and moving. Baffled as to how this isn't (as far as I've seen) widely considered to be in the coded/"""subtle""" early lesbian cinema canon or w/e the best way to put that is.

8. SpacePirate's rating of the film Stage Door

An insanely funny, at times heartbreaking story... What a cast, what a screenplay. So many memorable lines. A real tour de force comedy. How was Hepburn considered poison with films like this, Holiday, and Alice Adams? People had odd tastes in the 30s I guess

9. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Stage Door

Great movie. Great cast down to the tiniest role.

10. patchwork's rating of the film Stage Door

11. Justin Senkbile's rating of the film Stage Door

What I'd call a perfect movie, more or less

12. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Stage Door

7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1Gg

13. FilmStillLives's rating of the film Stage Door

chanced upon it airing on TCM last night; hadn't seen it in many years. but once again i was struck by the quick, smart dialogues; the terrific ensemble cast; the female camaraderie (& conflict), at times across multiple generations--all of which la cava & cast achieved in part because la cava based some of the lines on some of the things the actresses actually said during rehearsals. such a marvelous work.

14. NE1's rating of the film Stage Door

"The calla lilies are in bloom again. Such a strange flower... suitable to any occasion."

15. Altero's rating of the film Stage Door

“I wish I had been born lucky instead of beautiful and hungry”

16. MarcH's rating of the film Stage Door

"Oh I didn't know we were rehearsing...there's some men backstage fooling around with ropes and things, would you ask them to stop?"

17. fiona_huffman's rating of the film Stage Door

The dialogues in this film are very clever and witty!