1. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Stagecoach

2. Nick Potter's rating of the film Stagecoach

I'm not sure I've seen one shot turn someone into a star quicker or bigger than Stagecoach did to John Wayne.

3. Mr. Marston's rating of the film Stagecoach

4. Mert Kaya's rating of the film Stagecoach

masterpiece for its time, but is outdated now. characters are great.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Stagecoach

Neuf personnes confinées dans une diligence en direction de la lointaine Arizona vont devoir se supporter durant l'éprouvant trajet et seront attaquées par une horde d'apaches. Un classique du western fordien... www.cinefiches.com

6. Nachtreich's rating of the film Stagecoach

7. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Stagecoach

I see 200% why this film appealed to Orson Welles so much. Ford constructs a cultural microcosm wherein death and birth help a group transcend class prejudices, if only for a short time. The central relationship seems to be two individuals creating their own sort of pastoral paradise BECAUSE of their bond as wayward people, implying a really transgressive principle in its own way. That part of it really intrigues me.

8. leirmx's rating of the film Stagecoach

9. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film Stagecoach

What was in the water in 1939, anyway? Actually, historically speaking, there was plenty in the air that year, and that might have something to do with it. Part of the urlanguage of American cinema. This says it better than I could: https://anthonysacramone.com/2015/04/25/the-greatest-chase-scene-in-cinema-history/ (Regarding the banker: "plus ça change, plus c’ est la même chose.")

10. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Stagecoach

11. Myles's rating of the film Stagecoach

Rightfully a classic. A perfect form and on occassion some nice shots.

12. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Stagecoach

13. ionosonde's rating of the film Stagecoach

as a film, this is a movie 100%. from the plot development to the characters to the way it's shot, it's all textbook. surprisingly entertaining in one way or another the whole way through. very pleasant shots of monument valley -- huge sky. as a piece of media that remains in our culture, though, this is nothing more than what white americans wanted to see in 1939. can't put rose-colored glasses on manifest destiny.

14. chris budden's rating of the film Stagecoach

The film I decided to watch was called Stagecoach, and it was directed by John Ford in 1939. This story takes place in a stagecoach which was a very old public transportation method used back in the 1930’s. The stagecoach contained a drunk doctor, a gambler, two women a baby and an escaped fugitive, who happend to be the main character. Overall, great film, an American Classic.

15. Wesley Wilson's rating of the film Stagecoach

This was a great movie for its time. I thought the director did an amazing job developing John Wayne's character as well as the rest of the cast. The sound quality was good and the picture continues to impress. John Ford was criticized, saying this was one of his worst westerns, but I do believe that this could be one of his best, because he took complete advantage of the the tools he was given.

16. Victoria Wilson's rating of the film Stagecoach

Stagecoach is one of the great classics featuring John Wayne. Some could even say it was one of his best movies that he did. The movie was filmed in the beautiful Utah's Monument Valley and really made the movies feel like the old west. Another thing i liked about this movie were the characters. Each one had their very own unique story and was waiting at every turn to see what would happen next with each of them.

17. Zac Weber's rating of the film Stagecoach

"...And remember—what's good for the banks is good for the country!' The humor, obviously, still stands the test of time. Stagecoach is a giant in the history of cinema.

18. David Richards's rating of the film Stagecoach

One of the great westerns. I forgot how good this is, not having seen it in about 15 years. Yes, it's "uncomplicated" when it comes to it's depiction of Native Americans vs the US Government. I still love it.

19. bodhishin's rating of the film Stagecoach

I'd guess that Quentin Tarentino borrowed a lot from this film on The Hateful Eight.

20. Ethan's rating of the film Stagecoach

This is a solid and entertaining film that features a grand ensemble cast and the beginning of John Wayne's legend.

21. KingBeard's rating of the film Stagecoach

MUBI answers prayers. I desperately wanted to watch this movie this week. One of the most entertaining movies I can think of.

22. bagno's rating of the film Stagecoach

23. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Stagecoach

24. smndvdcl's rating of the film Stagecoach

I can't believe I'm about to admit that I like a John Wayne film, but John Ford was a true cinemagician of the Western genre. The film that inspired Orson Welles' 'Citizen Kane', who allegedly watched this film more than 40 times. Film language at its finest.

← Previous 1 3 4