1. viola mombe's rating of the film Stalag 17

3.5 a volte un po' ridondante e insistente in alcune parti (vedi gli sketch della coppia di simpaticoni). william holden silenzioso e fantastico. pieno di speranze

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Stalag 17

Des prisonniers alliés tentent de s'évader d'un camp de prisonniers en Allemagne, durant la Seconde Guerre Mondiale ..... Une rareté !

3. Esteban Henao's rating of the film Stalag 17

"Dropen Sie dead". "Achso". And the slapping of that guy... just a few little things to mention how good Billy Wilder is... his sense of humor is timeless, as well as his storytelling.

4. ermete polpette's rating of the film Stalag 17

5. Benji's rating of the film Stalag 17

Really not my thing at all.

6. raggiodisole's rating of the film Stalag 17

Overall pretty good. Lays on the shtick a bit too thick early on, but the cat and mouse is played out well, and who cannot resist a bit of Holden?

7. Steve G.'s rating of the film Stalag 17

Surprisingly insubstantial for a Wilder but no less enjoyable for it. Otto Preminger is a great laugh. Who knew?

8. Aardsy's rating of the film Stalag 17

German prison camps: nothing but antics!

9. Superfrog's rating of the film Stalag 17

Tell you what, it has politics that are assimilable by 90% of Americans, and a script that is not much better than that. The camerawork is unremarquable and the dialogue grating at time with the same tricks used to the seam. Yet I am rather happy to have watched it, and I am the picky kind, so you might want to give it a chance.

10. YKWX's rating of the film Stalag 17

11. Nathan's rating of the film Stalag 17

Watched on Mubi - Review pending

12. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Stalag 17

13. Lysistrata's rating of the film Stalag 17

14. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Stalag 17

One of my favorite films. I can watch it again and again.

15. Log Lady's rating of the film Stalag 17

Yet again another example how well Wilder balances drama and comedy. The goofiness of Harry and Animal (that Betty Grable dance scene is hilarious) and the excitement of trying to find the traitor are two opposite ends of the spectrum, but the overall tone of the movie is never awkward or faltering.

16. TJ Stewart's rating of the film Stalag 17

If all of the allies were anything like William Holden's character, they likely would have lost WWII, but Sgt. Sefton made his own selfish contribution to the war and it worked to the benefit of the allies. Billy Wilder is in rare company as one of the top directors of all time, I think.

17. Corriel's rating of the film Stalag 17

Too Hollywoodian to my liking but it has qualities. And now I know what inspired Hogan's Heroes.

18. Christian R.'s rating of the film Stalag 17

Billy Wilder puts the right amount of comedy and drama to make what could be a depressing POW movie, into an almost feel good! Great cast and writing. William Holden was worthy of his Oscar, but also worthy of a Sunset Blvd. Oscar as well!

19. Maoolina Fajrini's rating of the film Stalag 17

couldn't stop laughing while watching this film

20. Caden Cotard's rating of the film Stalag 17

Maybe it's because I began this at about 11:15 pm after a very long day, but I didn't love Stalag 17 like everyone said I would. I mean, I like it. It's funny, and very smart. William Holden is a BAMF. But it just didn't work for me. I think the main thing was Holden's voiceover. It just irked me, and it's used so often that it throws the whole film off.

21. Byron Brubaker's rating of the film Stalag 17

Funny, funny movie in a POW camp. This was before MASH made the situation of war funny, but it led to its own TV show too. The men have to keep themselves entertained, Holden plays another POW cynic (he does it well), and there is a mystery thrown in to find a traitor in the camp.

22. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy's rating of the film Stalag 17

I never tire of watching this, Holden is great as always...Wilder get's the best from this cast.

23. Danny Kana's rating of the film Stalag 17

I've never seen chemistry in actors like Harry and Animal. What a gem!

24. chanandre's rating of the film Stalag 17