1. SiIencio's rating of the film Standard Operating Procedure

Morris sets up a limited scope and arguably annoys with his too glossy and meticulous depiction of the human right abuses occurred at Abu Ghraib jail through a string of very candid interviews. The film only steps up a gear near the end where, in a more reflective tone, reveals the wider implications of these attrocities while inviting to adopt a more cynical view on the roles of authority and subordination at war.

2. Nikola Enchev's rating of the film Standard Operating Procedure

Which is worse: labelling what happened "torture" or "standard operating procedure?"

3. Michael's rating of the film Standard Operating Procedure

Personally I think anyone who looks at dark episodes such as this and attempts to understand has got to be commended in particular participants but also film makers and crews. Sure the views of Iraqi detainees being noticeably missing from the frame. However it does give us a valuable insight into whats considered to be 'standard operating procedures' not to mention some allusionto treatment in interrogation rooms.

4. JCPJD's rating of the film Standard Operating Procedure

Morris takes a compassionate approach to the subjects here. The result is a measured and comprehensible illustration of how institutional violence, attitudes and dehumanisation always produces the same results. Cruelty. A very quiet look at the worst aspect of our human nature.

5. anarki's rating of the film Standard Operating Procedure

brilliant! the best situation for using Interrotron...

6. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Standard Operating Procedure

Un buen documental sobre la banalidad del mal.

7. REH1101's rating of the film Standard Operating Procedure

To the poster below me: you must not be very familiar with the history of world powers, because this lack of human decency is hardly exclusive to the United States. The imperialistic flavor of the week has changed a few times, but the human condition has remained relatively constant for better and/or worse.

8. Caitlin's rating of the film Standard Operating Procedure

One of the few films to make me physically sick. The torture, degradation, and violence were overwhelming. A flawed film with a very narrow focus. The exclusion of Iraqi voices was troubling. Re-enactments were in poor taste. Still, the film raises a lot of questions about war, the military, photography, and power.

9. Scotch's rating of the film Standard Operating Procedure

The overly-sympathetic portrayal of Sabrina Harmon was a tad disconcerting (really? the science of facial expressions?), and didn't quite get at the complexity of violence and war. Also, I was a bit frustrated with the high-production, super-stylized reenactments that reeked of ESPN specials. I was expecting a football player to walk in the shot and drip sweat in slow motion.

10. Øyvind Rype's rating of the film Standard Operating Procedure

An important uncovering without a doubt with a fair amount of punches to the "supposed to be good" Americans in Iraq. The problem is really Morris' scope which I find a bit too narrow and repetitive with the whole "I'm just the capo" act over and over. I wanted fresh answers from others and not just the oblivious "cause it seemed right at the time" from the people interviewed.

11. Charolastra's rating of the film Standard Operating Procedure

I think its not only about what happened at Abu Ghraib, but what is a photograph, a digital photograph at that. Is it real/tangible? Just data? Can it be held as truth? What is the true ontology of a photographic image? I'm not exactly sure about the answers to these questions but they are definitely something to consider. You guys arguing below should try letting the narrative take the backseat next time you watch.

12. definedivine's rating of the film Standard Operating Procedure

Are you shitting me!!For real!!Where is the humanity of these soldiers? Human integrity? Morale? Ok yes, they were the black sheep that took all the guilt but come on man.They are also stupid as hell you have to admit, it's obvious from the documentary.How can you be proud of this glorified country? I will never understand that. Video is very nice though the slow motion sequences start to be annoying in a while.

13. Phil Worfel's rating of the film Standard Operating Procedure

Very difficult to watch. While it didn't contain many surprises it certainly laid bare the stark horror of the moral vacuum that is the MO of the armed services where man is a willing weapon that has forsaken its humanity.

14. bookwibble's rating of the film Standard Operating Procedure

I'd read articles and such by people affiliated with the documentary before, so some of this I had already heard. However, this was very good in simply giving a voice to a side of the story that wasn't commonly heard in the media when the Abu Ghraib thing initially went down. In typical Morris style, the film contains no bias, just merely exposing the facts via testimonials.

15. Jake Howell's rating of the film Standard Operating Procedure

Standard Operating Procedure seems to only be a rehash of information we've already heard on the news, and even in better films, specifically Taxi to the Dark Side.