1. pluviosity's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

This just looked like a prolonged TV episode, it could do so much much more with the story. Ah heck. I got too distracted anyway with the pang in my chest everytime Anton Yelchin showed up..

2. Mugino's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

Studios, learn this mantra: screenwriting isn't Mad Libs. Throwing more writers at a broken script is like slathering fistfuls of ointment on a sucking chest wound. The patient is dead, Jim. Just start over. Please. However, props to Pegg, Jung and Lin for trying to keep it together, giving us the wonderful Jaylah and the heartfelt tributes to Nimoy and Yelchin.

3. Trunfos's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

4. Justwibi's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

the bridge between classic & the new one. still loved this!

5. Frederico Cintra Torres's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

6. SlinkyLi's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

Full of convenient solutions, none of the storylines were important, Scotty's leather jacket was the coolest looking element, and the only surprise was that it was Idris Elba all along. "Sabotage" to save the day (and the ensuing quips) is dumb. Also, when plummeting down a cliff, one would be pushed back into the chair, not dangling by the straps.

7. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

The first half has some good elements: the portrayal of Kirk's disillusionment, the rapport between McCoy and Spock and the first big battle are especially good, all hinting at a possible return to the form and original spirit of the franchise. Sadly, it fails to follow through on this promise: interesting plot elements are not pursued in sufficient depth, Idris Elba is wasted and the denouement is ludicrous. Damn.

8. Marin's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

at least getting back towards being Star Trek

9. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

Still pale copies of the original cast but it is better than the last one.

10. Arrietty's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

for some weird reason i keep watching this even though it's worse and worse with each new movie

11. Teresa Silva's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

Good god, this movie is bad.

12. babycakesromero's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

better than two, still worse than one, good up to a poiint but once final act action kicks in there is only so many nail biting moments you can take before you inevitably drift off into snore trek...

13. nargs_au's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

Is it me or is each film getting worse ?

14. Chris's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

Eh, it's fine, but as is the case with most modern blockbusters, it's nothing more than a bunch of CGI nonsense and slick, incomprehensible action sequences. It's also completely forgettable in every way. While it's a perfectly passable piece of entertainment, I can safely say that this Trek reboot series is absolutely not for me.

15. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

16. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

I remember when they made the first movie based on ST:TNG. It was basically the same as the TV show, except with lots of mood lighting. This is a very standard plot, but updated with modern technology. The enemy does a DDOS attack using toasters and the force. Luckily the Cylons didn't capture the Millenial Falcon.

17. HKFanatic's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

"Into Darkness" was a film so grim and portentous, it buckled under its own weight. Three years later, "Beyond" is the course correction: a sequel so breezy and inconsequential, it feels light as air. Whether it's proof of the property's diminishing brand or merely indicative of how dismal this Election year has been, "Beyond" is the first "Star Trek" picture I've seen that's less engaging than an in-flight movie.

18. SpacePirate's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

Too focused on action for my tastes. Its almost like the ghost of JJ Abrams is haunting this one, even though he wasnt at the helm. Has moments which are great but are bogged down so much that it really just aggravates you over what could of been. Had the potential to be 3.5-4 stars, as it is, maybe 2.5, on a good day.

19. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

For a reboot thats been weak this was by far its worst. Everything from its after school special moralist plot to the fact that now in a 3rd movie it feels like everyone in it is still playing a caricature of the original. Please make this stop

20. Roxas Montezuma's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

21. Ilona Tru's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

22. vordven's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

23. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

I guess this is more like what the previous reboots should have been. It actually feels a bit like Star Trek, although not always in a good way; the first half I found a bit boring and meandering. The villain's motives are once again vendetta via a doomsday device. It's a step into the right direction, but I don't really care, since they are rebooting the tv series which will probably be much more interesting.

24. Star Lord's rating of the film Star Trek Beyond

Terzo capitolo delle serie ed ancora una volta non male ma nemmeno eccezionale. Comunque da vedere e da 3,5.

← Previous 1 3 4