1. Pablo Ramos's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

I'm no prequel apologist, but what exactly is it about The Phantom Menace that many find so egregious? It seems to me that a lot of the criticism sent its way could as easily be directed at any of the original films. Stay busy having a fit over Jar Jar's antics, meesa thinks this is a decent instalment in a franchise that ought not be taken as seriously as it is.

2. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

While the auteurist imprints are easier to discover today, thanks to ep. VII, they still doesn't excuse the movie itself. For before any serious critisism can be leveled at a film, the film must first be good or at least competent.

3. Tyler Wright's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Not really as awful as it's hyped up to be by the fanbase. If anything, it suffers more from just being flat-out dull and useless.

4. Addy K.'s rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Time is the healer of all wounds. The world needed to see THE FORCE AWAKENS to understand why quirky (or quacky!) George Lucas is the 'special sauce' of Star Wars. Released in 1999, PHANTOM MENACE's greatest sin was that it dared be different. From the rolling Droidekas to Nute Gunray's Thai accent to the uncomfortable age gap between Anakin and Queen Amidala, it's George Lucas riffing on the weird and the wonderful.

5. Anderesu's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Pretty disappointing. Sad beacuase it has a really good staff, but the direction is horrible.

6. João Portalegre's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

7. Giada Marino's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

8. Trunfos's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

The plot isn't great, yes. But still, there are some pretty good things in this movie. Darth Maul is a character who looks bad and evil as hell without saying a single word. Gives a bit of information regarding Anakin's future; the cloud in his future, as Yoda perceives. The beggining of Obi Wan as one of the greatest characters in the Star Wars Universe.

9. evanfrq's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Fuck people, this is my best Star Wars.

10. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

I think some thought went into this.

11. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

12. zohen lux's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

FACT: jar jar binks is the zooey deschanel of star wars they're both awkward, clumsy and a tad annoying sometimes but DUH OF COURSE zooey has BIG BLUE EYES and CUTE BANGS so all of her flaws are adorable quirks, wife material amirite??? jar jar hasn't been blessed with good looks (even in alien standards) so let's call him "the worst character of all time" bitch he's basically your wifey in another package get real

13. Sarah J.B.'s rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

14. auloel's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

15. Isabella Heron's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

16. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

That pod race and big lightsaber fight sure were neat.

17. Fré Verguchten's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

18. James Mackin's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

This is by far my favourite Star Wars movie. They actually got into the nitty-gritty of politics, Liam Neeson, Terence Stamp, Keira Knightly, Ewan McGregor, great cast all around. The final lightsaber fight is the best lightsaber fight ever done in all of star Wars, it introduced Duel of the Fates, the ending is just an ungodly amount of battle (cross-cutting in 4 battles). Yeah, this is really underrated. I love it.

19. Chris's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

If I wasn't in love with ewan mcgregor this would be a 2/5 but my boy saved the day!!!!

20. Robert smith's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Abysmal, but if you can get past that it's kinda jokes. I mean, it makes no sense at all, really doesn't know what the hell it wants to be, and Jar Jar is actually one of the worst creations ever, period. But despite all of that it has a somewhat eye bleeding charm.

21. Damazama21's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Child-actors and a terrible, thin plot equals a pretty awful film. Light-years behind the original films. And the bad news is that it isn't the worst of the prequel trilogy.

22. Star Lord's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Star Wars Episodio 1 - La minaccia fantasma. 3,5.

23. Ben 94's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

24. sark's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

One star for the music; another for Liam Neeson and the final saber dance.

← Previous 1 3 4 5