1. FISCHER's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Décidément, une déception à la hauteur des promesses attendues... www.cinefiches.com

2. raquel_ag's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Enredo: ★★★★ Cinematografia: ★★★★ Tom: ★★★ Música e Som: ★★★★ Representação: ★★★

3. sofiazelaya's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

tiene 10 minutos tolerables y dura como 3 horas

4. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

The trailer is better and show every important scene better than this overkill in CGI and unnatural acting. This prequel add to the insult with annoying characters, boring dialogue and a sleepwalking Natalie Portman. Only Samuel L. Jackson and the villains seem inspired and fun and the music is still fantastic.

5. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

6. Grasshopper's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

I would not have revisited this film, except my fam and I are rewatching the entire sequence, starting with this one. With an open mind, I tried to overlook the stiff acting, the endless exposition, and the cartoony smaltz. In the end I found that... those things were hard to overlook.

7. Erica Narduzzi's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

8. Maoolina Fajrini's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

9. edpwilson's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

10. Deiner's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars, but calling this movie flawed is an understatement. The writing besides being extremely poor and dull it's also clichéd and predictable (not to mention the introduction of many annoying characters). The acting rages from below average to God-awful. Props for the great music, some good visuals and the really cool Darth Maul, but other than that... It's just not a very good movie.

11. Trevor L. Charles's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

I remember seeing this opening night with all my friends. I kept thinking "I can't believe how terrible this is. Maybe I'm just too stoned. No wait this is really terrible. And kind of racist. Maybe I'm just really stoned. No, this is kind of racist."

12. Pablo Ramos's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

I'm no prequel apologist, but what exactly is it about The Phantom Menace that many find so egregious? It seems to me that a lot of the criticism sent its way could as easily be directed at any of the original films. Stay busy having a fit over Jar Jar's antics, meesa thinks this is a decent instalment in a franchise that ought not be taken as seriously as it is.

13. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

While the auteurist imprints are easier to discover today, thanks to ep. VII, they still doesn't excuse the movie itself. For before any serious critisism can be leveled at a film, the film must first be good or at least competent.

14. Tyler Wright's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Not really as awful as it's hyped up to be by the fanbase. If anything, it suffers more from just being flat-out dull and useless.

15. Addy K.'s rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Time is the healer of all wounds. The world needed to see THE FORCE AWAKENS to understand why quirky (or quacky!) George Lucas is the 'special sauce' of Star Wars. Released in 1999, PHANTOM MENACE's greatest sin was that it dared be different. From the rolling Droidekas to Nute Gunray's Thai accent to the uncomfortable age gap between Anakin and Queen Amidala, it's George Lucas riffing on the weird and the wonderful.

16. Anderesu's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Pretty disappointing. Sad beacuase it has a really good staff, but the direction is horrible.

17. João Portalegre's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

18. Giada Marino's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

19. Trunfos's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

The plot isn't great, yes. But still, there are some pretty good things in this movie. Darth Maul is a character who looks bad and evil as hell without saying a single word. Gives a bit of information regarding Anakin's future; the cloud in his future, as Yoda perceives. The beggining of Obi Wan as one of the greatest characters in the Star Wars Universe.

20. evanfrq's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Fuck people, this is my best Star Wars.

21. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

I think some thought went into this.

22. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

23. zohen lux's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

FACT: jar jar binks is the zooey deschanel of star wars they're both awkward, clumsy and a tad annoying sometimes but DUH OF COURSE zooey has BIG BLUE EYES and CUTE BANGS so all of her flaws are adorable quirks, wife material amirite??? jar jar hasn't been blessed with good looks (even in alien standards) so let's call him "the worst character of all time" bitch he's basically your wifey in another package get real

24. S.J.B.'s rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace