1. Orpheus's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

2. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

3. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Though certainly not without its merits, "The Phantom Menace" is easily the weakest of the "Star Wars" films. The special effects are great (if slightly dated), the action is engaging, and it plants seeds that will pay off in later entries. But, the story is not very interesting, the new characters run the range from bland to awful, and the acting is, well...not very good. Overall, it's more disappointing than bad.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Décidément, une déception à la hauteur des promesses attendues... www.cinefiches.com

5. raquel_ag's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Enredo: ★★★★ Cinematografia: ★★★★ Tom: ★★★ Música e Som: ★★★★ Representação: ★★★

6. sofiazelaya's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

tiene 10 minutos tolerables y dura como 3 horas

7. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

The trailer is better and show every important scene better than this overkill in CGI and unnatural acting. This prequel add to the insult with annoying characters, boring dialogue and a sleepwalking Natalie Portman. Only Samuel L. Jackson and the villains seem inspired and fun and the music is still fantastic.

8. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

9. Grasshopper's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

I would not have revisited this film, except my fam and I are rewatching the entire sequence, starting with this one. With an open mind, I tried to overlook the stiff acting, the endless exposition, and the cartoony smaltz. In the end I found that... those things were hard to overlook.

10. Erica Narduzzi's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

11. Maoolina Fajrini's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

12. edpwilson's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

13. Deiner's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars, but calling this movie flawed is an understatement. The writing besides being extremely poor and dull it's also clichéd and predictable (not to mention the introduction of many annoying characters). The acting rages from below average to God-awful. Props for the great music, some good visuals and the really cool Darth Maul, but other than that... It's just not a very good movie.

14. Trevor L. Charles's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

I remember seeing this opening night with all my friends. I kept thinking "I can't believe how terrible this is. Maybe I'm just too stoned. No wait this is really terrible. And kind of racist. Maybe I'm just really stoned. No, this is kind of racist."

15. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

While the auteurist imprints are easier to discover today, thanks to ep. VII, they still doesn't excuse the movie itself. For before any serious critisism can be leveled at a film, the film must first be good or at least competent.

16. Tyler Wright's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Not really as awful as it's hyped up to be by the fanbase. If anything, it suffers more from just being flat-out dull and useless.

17. Addy K.'s rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Time is the healer of all wounds. The world needed to see THE FORCE AWAKENS to understand why quirky (or quacky!) George Lucas is the 'special sauce' of Star Wars. Released in 1999, PHANTOM MENACE's greatest sin was that it dared be different. From the rolling Droidekas to Nute Gunray's Thai accent to the uncomfortable age gap between Anakin and Queen Amidala, it's George Lucas riffing on the weird and the wonderful.

18. Anderesu's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Pretty disappointing. Sad beacuase it has a really good staff, but the direction is horrible.

19. João Portalegre's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

20. Giada Marino's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

21. Trunfos's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

The plot isn't great, yes. But still, there are some pretty good things in this movie. Darth Maul is a character who looks bad and evil as hell without saying a single word. Gives a bit of information regarding Anakin's future; the cloud in his future, as Yoda perceives. The beggining of Obi Wan as one of the greatest characters in the Star Wars Universe.

22. evanfrq's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Fuck people, this is my best Star Wars.

23. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

I think some thought went into this.

24. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace