1. FISCHER's rating of the film Stars in My Crown

Une excellente interprétation de Joel Mac Crea dans une oeuvre humaniste au possible .... www.cinefiches.com

2. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Stars in My Crown

3.5 An old-fashioned piece of Americana, masterly told. The picture book world depicted here is hard to endure, though.

3. marco's rating of the film Stars in My Crown

4. patchwork's rating of the film Stars in My Crown

Baciapilismo spinto che alle volte sfocia in un ridicolo spassoso (la guarigione della ragazza con tanto di luce divina). Però la parte finale ancora funziona. **1/2

5. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film Stars in My Crown

Tourneur's horror work and his outstanding Out of The Past deserve their acclaim but they sadly overshadow his true masterpiece. Watching this film, it's hard to believe that this was not directed by John Ford, as the level of care and attention put into creating a sense of community around the characters is matched only by his. In general, this might be the best representation of the south in any American film.

6. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Stars in My Crown

A stone-cold classic. Fujiwara is right: like with Dreyer, it seems everyone in Tourneur's films is sick. Oblivion.

7. José Neves's rating of the film Stars in My Crown

cinematography by Charles (Edgar) Schoenbaum.

8. Brandon Nowalk's rating of the film Stars in My Crown

Tourneur's cowboys--the preacher here, the sheriff in Wichita, the judge in Stars in My Crown--are legends, institutional authorities not bolstered by office so much as confidence in their abilities, their values, and their visions.

9. Gondo's rating of the film Stars in My Crown

Tourneur masterfully paints a picture of a community that has the ability to peacefully live beside each other and help to build up their livelihood together, but he also realizes it's potential to destroy itself from within when being taken over by hatred, ignorance,greed or racism. Though I have to admit that the judgmental approach within the "Logic vs. Faith" themes were a little off putting for my taste.

10. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film Stars in My Crown

In 1950, while Hollywood's Blacklist was ruining thousands of careers and lives for purported Un-American activities, Stars in My Crown offered audiences a Hollywood vision of Protestant Americana waving the Bible and its calico morality. And though it wraps itself in historical myth, Jacques Tourneur's direction highlights underlying themes of education which poisons, racism, and God's Will as situational solution.

11. Ingrid Bergman's rating of the film Stars in My Crown

A heartwarming story beautifully filmed.

12. Greg S.'s rating of the film Stars in My Crown

As much as I've praised his horror films this may be Tourneur's best work. It's certainly his most impressive and encompassing storytelling drawing together an entire community with multiple conflicts in 90 mins and doing so with elements of nostalgia but his economic storytelling makes for a depiction of life that isnt quite idealized either and at times even harsh. Masterpiece.

13. Dave's rating of the film Stars in My Crown

The first Tourneur film that actually let me down. I apparently don't see the hidden brilliance in this one that so many others do.