1. Ana Sousa's rating of the film State and Main

"Do you like kids? / I never saw the point of them. / Me too." "You believe that?/ I do if you do. / But it's absurd. / So is our electoral process but we still vote."

2. João Daniel Oliveira's rating of the film State and Main

3. Harry Rossi's rating of the film State and Main

Despite having some hilarious moments especially from Macy and Baldwin, the entire movie feels disconnected and confused. There are scenes that simply do not work and characters that make no sense. Overall, decent but disappointing.

4. Hazel Cills's rating of the film State and Main

I still can't get over how disappointing I thought this was...just because I like David Mamet and almost all of the cast. Frankly, the relationship that brewed between Hoffman and Pidgeon's character was awkward and juuust a little too cutesy for my liking. Started out strong and funny but once I saw where the plot lines were heading everything got super predictable and super boring.

5. chanandre's rating of the film State and Main

[Cinémathèque PT #55: 35 mm] "Who designed these costumes? It looks like Edith Head puked, and that puke designed these costumes." - LMFAO// "What's an associate producer credit? - It's what you give to your secretary instead of a raise." ahahaha.

6. your fiend mr. jones's rating of the film State and Main

This and The Hudsucker Proxy are the only two films I've ever seen that came close to getting Preston Sturges' style down.

7. Amenicart's rating of the film State and Main

8. Joel Cobbs's rating of the film State and Main

Hilarious and original. Some moments don't appeal to me, but those that do make the film worth watching. I can't imagine what making a film is really like but this certainly helped paint an interesting if not humorous picture. Great cast, great script, great directing. 4 stars easily.