1. Duncan Gray's rating of the film State and Main

Mamet-the-writer is more distinctive than Mamet-the-director, but he manages a fine comic juggling act whose appeal isn't an attack on Hollywood but a failed breakup with it. A lot of the satire is easy, but it evolves nicely into meta games and moral fables. Pointing out that Hollywood produces assholes is old hat—more intriguing are the ambiguities that allow the Mamet surrogate to get what he wants and stay clean.

2. Viginti_tres's rating of the film State and Main

So close to great. The dialogue is there, the cast, the premise but the direction fails to find the right tone and hold all the elements together. Plays better in 2017 than ever before, sadly.

3. Ana Sousa's rating of the film State and Main

"Do you like kids? / I never saw the point of them. / Me too." "You believe that?/ I do if you do. / But it's absurd. / So is our electoral process but we still vote."

4. João Daniel Oliveira's rating of the film State and Main

5. Harry Rossi's rating of the film State and Main

Despite having some hilarious moments especially from Macy and Baldwin, the entire movie feels disconnected and confused. There are scenes that simply do not work and characters that make no sense. Overall, decent but disappointing.

6. chanandre's rating of the film State and Main

[Cinémathèque PT #55: 35 mm] "Who designed these costumes? It looks like Edith Head puked, and that puke designed these costumes." - LMFAO// "What's an associate producer credit? - It's what you give to your secretary instead of a raise." ahahaha.

7. your fiend mr. jones's rating of the film State and Main

This and The Hudsucker Proxy are the only two films I've ever seen that came close to getting Preston Sturges' style down.

8. Amenicart's rating of the film State and Main

9. Joel Cobbs's rating of the film State and Main

Hilarious and original. Some moments don't appeal to me, but those that do make the film worth watching. I can't imagine what making a film is really like but this certainly helped paint an interesting if not humorous picture. Great cast, great script, great directing. 4 stars easily.