1. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Steamboy

Good looking if too cgi heavy at times with a story that's 25 minutes too long. It didn't really need that last action sequence, now did it?

2. Violet Rien's rating of the film Steamboy

3. Niko's rating of the film Steamboy

4. postblueink's rating of the film Steamboy

5. Nina's rating of the film Steamboy

Ray looks like a younger Tetsuo who's dressed like Kaneda and rides a prototype of the famous, red (Honda) bike <3 Am I trying to draw some parallels between "Steamboy" and "Akira" here? Well, MAYBE! Anyway, loved, loved, LOVED the animation.

6. Benji's rating of the film Steamboy

Outstanding animation and artwork. I really enjoyed this film. No, it's not perfect, but it's still very enjoyable.

7. Junda Mane's rating of the film Steamboy

It's visual perfection when it comes to character design & animation, unfortunately it is far too-long to sustain the interest of the audience. Too much exposition, but still worth checking out for anime fans.

8. Max Kazaam Wilde's rating of the film Steamboy

Visually, the movie is brilliant and you know, while i recognize some sort of pacing oddity in the second half, with this movie, I don't mind it at all and in fact kind of prefer it. It feels necessary. Totally exciting. A personal favorite.

9. Schnagelkott's rating of the film Steamboy

When the finale takes up half the film you're going to have an audience fatigue problem.

10. MGeo's rating of the film Steamboy

The big problem with this movie and the one thing that kills it in the end is its length. The story this film is trying to tell could have ended about an hour earlier before. This film was a colossal failure in Japan and I think my point about it is why it was such a bomb. I don't think Otomo will ever recapture the magic of Akira, but I'll cut him some slack because Akira is THAT good.

11. IndyLIVE's rating of the film Steamboy

I'm honestly surprised so many people didn't like this movie. I just watched it and it was incredible! I loved the story, the characters, and was (of course) blown away by the visuals. This film creates such a tangible world that I didn't want to leave it. Here is one of the few times where I actually want to see a sequel get made. But only if Otomo gets to do it!

12. Slowart's rating of the film Steamboy

inspired victorian tapestry, which caught me unawares / i was reading about the exhibition this week funny seeing it otomo's way

13. Seth Farmer's rating of the film Steamboy

To fully appreciate this film, one must look at it in the context of a thematic sequel to Akira.

14. Zachary Curl's rating of the film Steamboy

i actually really liked this movie a lot. it wasn't what i expected, and it took a few watches for me to be as into as i am, but it's worth watching for sure. there are still few animated movies that look this good. from what i understand, it was plagued more by cost and production length, but i'm an Otomo fan; but i don't just like this because it's Otomo, it's just something else of his that i enjoy.