1. Isa Reis's rating of the film Steel Magnolias

2. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film Steel Magnolias

A sensible story with great acting performances for all its cast. It's a shame that Ross don't bring it to a groundbreaking level of artistry. Sally Field deserves better.

3. pluviosity's rating of the film Steel Magnolias

despite story filled with Southern women in a beauty parlor, the writer managed to stay away from unnecessary cliche soap drama, and that's the best part of it.

4. Log Lady's rating of the film Steel Magnolias

Pleasantly surprised. What could have been an emotionally stunted soap opera mess turned out to be a sympathetic portrayal of a group of women, whose relationships with each other are sometimes complicated, but who are supportive and understanding. Too superficial and predictable to be a strong and memorable drama, though, but the performances are worth it.

5. Mohammad Ebrahimian's rating of the film Steel Magnolias

6. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Steel Magnolias

6.8/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2Dn

7. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Steel Magnolias

An important movie in my family, and for that reason it resonates for me. Sometimes our experience of cinema has little to do with what's actually on the screen.

8. courtneylesueur's rating of the film Steel Magnolias

I'm from Alabama, and everyone always raves about this film. It's a good movie. Good. Dolly Parton, Sally Field, Olympia Dukakis, Julia Roberts, and Shirley Maclaine are tremendous in it, especially Sally Field. But Daryl Hannah's character got on my nerves so much that I had trouble enjoying the movie as much as I could have. Her glasses were great, though.

9. Sabrina Crews's rating of the film Steel Magnolias

The display photo here is a very unnecessary spoiler. So we all knew it was coming -- this is gauche regardless.

10. mwnjw's rating of the film Steel Magnolias

Probably the best film I've ever seen about the relationships between women. Every man needs to watch this and PAY ATTENTION!