1. luís debonoir's rating of the film Still the Water

2. stopyunn's rating of the film Still the Water

cringe is like real real. Was so hard to keep watching

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Still the Water

4. kartina obskura's rating of the film Still the Water

for my profound love for the sea even though i can´t swim, for all the bike rides, for dancing and singing while dying, for the breeze and the giant tree, for the sky stretched between the fingers ♥♥♥

5. alphonse's rating of the film Still the Water

Still The Water often looks and feels beautiful, and it's a sweetly harmonious, meditative and tranquil story about life, love and death. However, the film, struggling too hard to find a universal meaning, is clearly not as deep as it thinks it is, and sadly not as remarkable as I expected it to be, as director Naomi Kawase considers it her masterpiece.

6. Aaken's rating of the film Still the Water

A sensual dip into teenage awakening to life and love.

7. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Still the Water

Patient viewers may be able to find something worthy to dig out from this cryptic coming-of-age drama.

8. -REM-'s rating of the film Still the Water

9. Nina's rating of the film Still the Water

You're in the sea and the waves represent your fears, you're afraid of what you cannot grasp or understand, and you feel like the waves will drown you, but true love will take you by the hand and eventually get you out of there and, finally, you'll understand.

10. Tim Ellrich's rating of the film Still the Water

some parts of the film feel very sappy, but it has one of the most intense death scenes in it.

11. smeef's rating of the film Still the Water

some amazingly composed scenes... some parts were overly nostalgic too soon

12. marcorenton's rating of the film Still the Water

Beautiful film, though I could have done without the detailed view of the goat-killings.

13. Nafisbelmont's rating of the film Still the Water

a moving poetry. the metaphor was nice, some of the scenes were really haunting, but some were just too pretentious

14. Cependant's rating of the film Still the Water

Questions de vie, de mort.

15. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film Still the Water

The latest movie from the finest living active filmmaker from Japan. One of my top 10 films of 2014. Check out the trailer attached to my review on my blog and you will have an idea of the quality of the film. The full review is at http://moviessansfrontiers.blogspot.in/2015/04/176-japanese-director-naomi-kawases.html

16. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Still the Water

Empty shell at the end. So much time, so many words to deliver nothing but a nice metaphor for lives as waves..

17. Sơn Nguyễn's rating of the film Still the Water

Absolutely love Kawase but this movie is too much for me. Too long, too slow, too pretentious. I felt asleep over and over while watching it and quit even though still 30 minutes left.

18. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Still the Water

As it is said, there are some (beautiful) moments of grace and poesy, but I didn't get at all the links between them, i was totally hermetic to what she wanted to say (, if she wanted to say sthg?). Plus, sometimes there is an ugly DV picture, it breaks the wanted beauty. Pretty clumsy then.

19. Ostermyers's rating of the film Still the Water

MASTERPIECE. Kawase is a poet. She's beyond cinema !

20. msmichel's rating of the film Still the Water

TIFF '14 If you thought that Kawase's previous films were just too action-packed this may be the one for you. Very slow and tepid film almost saved by its gorgeous vistas and camera work but only almost. The slight story with its clumsy allusions to the power of nature, forgiveness and love isn't worth over thinking. Kudos to dp Yutaka Yamazaki.

21. F.Bieberkopf's rating of the film Still the Water

Disappointing in the end. Moments of brilliance, especially in the way the sea was brought to life. But the script is infested with too many 'events' for its own good. At times you would want a leisurely shot to just continue like when the two kids cycle together, or when the setting sun was shot, I have lost count of how many times I silently whispered to myself, "Weerasethakul wouldn't have done it that way".

22. Spoiler's rating of the film Still the Water

Uma delicada fábula da vida em essência e da essência da morte, aonde o homem se torna pequeno, transcendido pelo canto, música, dança.E aqui, à beira do oceano infinito, com esse “documentário” desbotado em ficção,um filme tão poderoso como a fúria das ondas, tão gigantesco como a tela grande.E mesmo assim, com certa tranquilidade “zenploitation”.

23. GoSpeedGo!'s rating of the film Still the Water

Moments of fleeting beauty brought down by insistent didacticism of the script.